PPMS

Thanks Nina I will speak to my doctor and hopefully one will help

Thanks again

Steve

2 Likes

Hi Steve

Welcome to the forum, have not tried fatigue medication, so sorry I can’t offer advice on that, but I wish you all the best.

Let us know how you get on please.

Pam x

2 Likes

Be very interested to hear the outcome Steve.

Nina x

2 Likes

Hi I just started Amantadine a week ago. I think it helped my fatigue straight away. I was able to do more before taking a rest. It maybe a placebo effect - who cares - doesn’t stop it altogether but seems to help. Will keep you informed.

Jackie x

2 Likes

Just saying hello, Steve, I wasn’t on the forum when you first posted back in March.

Like Nina, I’d be very interested to know how you, and Jackie, get on with Amantadine. I’d really like to ask for something to relieve my permanent state of fatigue, so any feedback would be welcome.

Were those of you who are on it prescribed by your GP or your neuro?

Cheers

Kev

2 Likes

Hi Kev,

I was prescribed both Modafinol and Amantadine by my neuro. I didn’t finish the Amantadine as they kept me awake. My GP took over the Modafinol after first script from neuro but I gave up on that as well as it made me very very hyper…couldn’t stop talking, drove my husband mad. Modafinol also kept me awake but at least with those you can take them on an as needed basis whereas with Amantadine you need to take them daily.

Not sure if GPs can prescribe them without the neuros say so…my practice are most unhelpful so any new meds I try come first from neuro.

Good luck, let us know how it goes, also let me know if you need any other info about them.

Nina x

3 Likes

My GP prescribed the Amantadine after the rehab consultant and the neuro physio sent him a letter. I think it is helping but I have now got a bad cold (in August !!) so have not felt very energetic last couple of days.

Will keep you informed.

Jackie xx

4 Likes

Hi, ive been on Amatidine it works for me, I take mine between 7-9am if later in the day they disturbed my sleep. I haven’t had any for 3 weeks been told they have run out all over the uk waiting for re-stock, I no longer need a 2-3 hr sleep in the afternoon and I’m more alert at work.

Pauline

3 Likes