Possible Cause

Firstly i must point out that I don’t read the Daily Mail, an awful source of info but…

an interesting feed into my email this morning re a possible cause for MS has apparently been indentified.

Now this is certainly not a massive thing to get really excited about but, if they know the cause then a cure might be possible.

Won’t post the link, not sure on the potocol, just a quick search on google, MS cause daily mail should point you in the direction of the article.

Thoughts?

Charlie

Hi Charlie

Well anything is possible. So something reported on in the Daily Mail might even be true!

There’s been a lot of evidence over the last few years that exposure to the Epstein Barr Virus May play a part in MS. So it’s possible that the threadworm infection could also play a part.

The problem is that not everyone who has had Epstein Barr / Glandular Fever gets MS. That could be because they don’t encounter the thread worm infection. But I still don’t think it’s as simple as that. Just the fact that more women than men get MS is one reason why it’s not that simple. From everything I’ve read, there are a number of factors that play a part in the development of MS. And not everyone with MS has had Epstein Barr. (I haven’t.)

But all research is valuable. And more bits of the jigsaw are always positive.

Sue

I have read about the Epstein-Barr link…In addition, my dad was a painter. I painted houses with him when I was old enough to and nearly everybody in my family smoked. At age 19, I developed Mono…all three risk factors and showed MS symptoms as early as 2006 with diagnosis in late 2010. MS is in my family, as well as rheumatoid arthritis so there is no doubt to me that there is a genetic link/predisposition/risk. A cure would be awesome…remylination would be even better.

Watch this Professor from The Charcot Project about Epstein Barr http://multiple-sclerosis-research.blogspot.com/p/charcot-project.html

George