Pip assessment

That’s a good idea Drummer boy thanks !

You will be able to attach copy letters from any health professionals you see, eg neurologist. Your MS nurse (IMO) should be writing letters to support claims. Mine did, and as she’s new to the post (ex bowel and bladder nurse), she’s had a massive learning curve, but did a blinder of a letter. I also asked for a letter from my physio, I did have to tell her what I wanted confirmed (walking distance etc), but she’s not going to exaggerate things, she could be in trouble for writing untrue letters. So, while I basically told her what I wanted written, she couldn’t do otherwise than tell it how it is.

GPs don’t necessarily write letters of support any more, they are too busy. But just on the off chance the ESA and/or PIP assessors wrote to them, I sent some brief information about what I’d said on the claim form, including some very basic info about the two benefits and what the various criteria are.

In a way, for me, it’s always been about educating the various professionals about what I’m claiming, the basic rules, what I’ve said and hope that they understand enough to back up my statements when/if they are approached.

Sue

2 Likes

Care Plans come under the Care Act - so you have a legal right to one.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/care-act-2014-part-1-factsheets/care-act-factsheets

You can ask your MS Nurse, GP or local Adult Social Care for one.

On care

2 Likes

The things you find out … ! Thanks all and I am sure many others are learning from this too

Sal x

2 Likes

Same here Drummer Boy, my MS Nurse updates my Care/Management Plan every 3 months. It is very helpful,

because she is linked to our local Community Rehab Team - so access to physios and OT etc.,.

All their info/reports are given to me in a file every time they call - so I have a ton of NHS paperwork

to send off to the DWP when required.

How to get a Carer’s Assessments to send off with your PIP form:

Sally - How to get a Carer’s Assessments to send off with your PIP form:

Carer’s assessments are for adult carers of adults (over 18 years) who are disabled, ill or elderly.

1 Like

sally morning hun. if you need care and help then ring your local adult social services team. they will come and see you and assess your needs for care and will draw up a care plan. you could apply for direct payments, i get them althouh i have to pay for my care now sadly i was left some money from my mums estate, but i still have reviews every year. i sent this to dwp alongside my doctor and nuero had already supported my application. its a free service and you are entitled to it. x

Hi all had my assessment yesterday I think it went well but only time will tell. She seemed to be understanding about how ms affected my everyday day life just told her how it is can’t do any more . Neil

2 Likes