'PEACE OFF!'...

(Piss off MS) - RELAXATION - one way (but not the only one) of dealing with this atrocious condition.

Marcus.

It does help. Have to come up with different coping strategies every day. Sometimes I just sit here in my recliner and look out of the window. I can see rooftops (Victorian chimneypots), trees and, through the bare branches, Alexandra Palace. I can’t see the Palace once the leaves come out so it’s my winter view only.

RELAX. (Piss off MS)

Pat x

Well said, Pat - but how do you explain to others that don’t have MS (like my wife and daughter who both think that I’m ‘putting it on?’)

Marcus. x.

Ahh that is a tough one. Firstly, are you sure that they don’t believe you, have you asked the question. If you have and they are not sure then let them read some of the people who talk about their own feelings and how hard MS can be. I would also ask them to read the medical description of what fatigue is and how it affects people.

I guess it’s very hard to understand what a horrible and complex disorder this blooody thing is if you have not got it but giving people all the information you can about it may help (I hope it does anyway)

All the best

Jason

Thanks Jason,

I have tried often but the message isn’t getting through. My wife is from Northern Ireland and is catholic (I’m not).

Marcus,

I’m sorry to read that mate, I just hope that with time they will understand. Do you have meetings with your MS nurse; she or he may be able to help explain. Sometimes it better coming from a third party which for some reason is easier of some people to believe.

All the best

I’m sorry to read that mate, I just hope that with time they will understand. Do you have meetings with your MS nurse; she or he may be able to help explain. Sometimes it better coming from a third party which for some reason is easier of some people to believe.

All the best

Odd that came out twice, oh no must be repeating myself now!