parking fine

Hi all, hope someone can help, went cinema this afternoon at a leisure park. Brill time had by all until we realized i had a parking ticket, had put my blue badge up but it had fallen off on to my seat. The car park is free and they had even put the ticket on top of my tax disc which ironically says disabled.

Has anyone else had this? And what did you do?

Lisa xx

If you pay the charge then you can’t appeal.

Hi Lisa

Is it run by the local council? I’ve not had anything similar happen to me but I would appeal it, and explain what happened. If they’re reasonable they’ll let you off. But if they refuse your appeal,I would refuse to pay anyway. From what I’ve heard about parking fines, they’ll probably send you increasingly threatening letters, but will one of those bark-worse-than-its-bite things, and they won’t take yo to court as it’ll cost them too much in legal fees. But you could always speak to the Citizens Advice Bureau for their advice.

Good luck!

Dan

Hi lisa. Bit confused, if the car park is a free parking area, why did you get ticket? If you read ticket should have info where to send where to appeal etc, phone numbers somthing? You need to contact and explain to them, use the discrimination thing, might make them think. Can only say good luck, and make sure it’s in a place where it can be seen and secure Nxt time, Can’t take chances, too much grief.

1 Like

We had a similar problem but it was me that forgot to put the badge up. Went to the council, showed them the badge, and they waived the fine for us. It’s worth a try to see if your council does the same.

Thank you for your replies,

Unfortunately Dave this is private land and the ticket isnt from the council. I think also that its real, my oh went to the wardens booth to explain but he just said that he couldn’t waiver it and we would have to appeal in writing, trouble is you have 14 days to pay it else it goes up from £60 to £100 and i bet it doesn’t get sorted before then and if they say no then i have to pay the £100.

Just phoned cab but all they did was to give me a website which ive already looked on, no mention at all about this situation.

Im getting to the stage where i just might pay it as i really cant do with all the hassle, threatening letters and the like, ive got a good credit score and i dont want to lose it

Lisa x

Appeal. You have nothing to lose.

As soon as you put the appeal into them the clocck stops so, even if it takes a long time to get an answer you would only ever have to pay the lower amount (as long as you get it to them on time of course)?

I have appealed a couple of tickets. Some were my mistake about the Blue Badge rules but others were the wardens. I have hd quite a good success rate.

Appeal. You have nothing to lose.

As soon as you put the appeal into them the clocck stops so, even if it takes a long time to get an answer you would only ever have to pay the lower amount (as long as you get it to them on time of course)?

I have appealed a couple of tickets. Some were my mistake about the Blue Badge rules but others were the wardens. I have hd quite a good success rate.

Sorry this posted twice. Flaming tablet!

Hiya, whither, council or private, if you park in a disabled bay without a current blue badge showing the expiry date in plain view, you will probably will be liable to a parking fine, unfortunately, Brian

1 Like

Hi

Firstly, it won’t be a fine on private land. It will be a parking charge notice (PCN).

the rules have changed over the last 12-18 months. See moneysavingexpert (Martin Lewis’s website). There is lots of info on there.

It’s a tough one. The appeal may get a standard ‘no’ response but you never know. There is an argument that you should only pay to cover reasonable costs.

It really is your shout. I’ve had success & failures in the past.

Good luck

neil