Forum

oral methylprednisolone

HI all. I have been prescribed oral methylprednisolone 500mg a day for five days.

Script says 100mg five times daily. Have heard from a few people that they have

been told to take full dose in the morning. Any info would be appreciated.

Mary

I would check with dr/nurse who prescribed it. I had these a few weeks ago and had to take 5 at 8am once a day. Would have thought info on script and bottle would be right tho, No harm in double checking. C

Thanks Cherrylips. The way you were told makes sense.

I have had iv in the past

and it was one dose in the morning for 3 days.

They say it is best to take it early in the day so

that you have a chance of getting some sleep.

Will double check.

Thanks

Mary

Thanks Cherrylips. The way you were told makes sense.

I have had iv in the past

and it was one dose in the morning for 3 days.

They say it is best to take it early in the day so

that you have a chance of getting some sleep.

Will double check.

Thanks

Mary

PS. How are you feeling now after having them

Hi mary, would like to say the sleep thing worked. NO, was wide awaken to most nights bet approx 2 & 5, rest of time felt like a zombie, but was at work and couldn’t rest when I needed to. After about a week was walking better and when I caught up with sleep felt better than I had for a long time. Unfortunately I now have a cold so have gone back a bit, but walking still improved. Only prescribed them just over 3 weeks ago, so can’t comment any further. Also doesn’t matter how quick you swallow t them, they taste disgusting (just to pre warn you). C

Hi Cherrylips. I was warned about taste when I had iv and it never happened. Started the oral ones yesterday and they are vile. had to scour the house for sweets lol. Took 500mg yesterday and slept for seven hours, couldn’t believe it. I never slept at all first night anytime I had iv. Took 500mg this morning, feel ok just a bit flushed. Am definitely going to push for dmd’s. Have a really good family reason to try and slow things down. I have a 27yr old son with severe disabilities who will have to go into residential care at some point. We want to keep him at home as long as we can so my health will be a factor in when it happens. We are lucky that he is our youngest and we got to get them all to adulthood before I got worse. Even now I am not as bad as other people I had been RRMS for sixteen years and have been SPMS for eight. So overall have a lot to be thankful for. I am convinced that stress has been a factor this year. I lost my dad and two of my closest friends. Had two relapses in March and May. And a big family fall out with my mum and siblings over an issue with dads treatment. Forgive the long message, just having a feel about talking day.

Regards

Mary

Hi mary, I did seem to remember I slept well the first night too… I start my dmds next week, only just been diagnosed and I also want to slow down things down. Had 4 relapses in 1 year and poss 8 in 2 years, can fully understand why you want to slow it down, you’ve had an awful year (bit like me). Good look getting the dmds. Hope the steroids work. Take care C

Anytime you want a chat, just send me a pm, C

Thats lovely of you to offer. You sound like a lovely lady.

Mary