Online friends with PPMS (

Hi there. I’m Joan. I’ve just turned 70 & have had an MS diagnosis since 2007. I live in Oslo, Norway but only know one Norwegian with PPMS. I’m doing OK but I’d love to hear how people with PPMS in the UK live their lives as opposed to me. It would be great to swop thoughts and ideas/tips too. Anyone interested?

2 Likes

Hi Joan,
I’m a UK local and have been cut down by PPMS with an official diagnosis 10 years ago. The diagnosis of MS and other auto-immune diseases appear to be pretty well established. The consultants start with their little hammers and tuning forks then move on to an MRI scan and a conclusive lumber puncture but nobody has come up with a definitive cure.
My opinion is that it is an incubated polymorphic disease which may have its roots from early childhood vaccinations or childhood viral infections. But nobody in this profession wants to stick their heads above the parapit.

2 Likes

Have you tried B3 drops to help with the lack of sun? I used them and never had the opportunity to compare notes with anyonr

Interesting thought. By the time they investigate that I believe that PPMS will be almost eradicated (Stem Cells & DMT’s from the outset). There are many thoughts on the disease’s origin that will go lost because of the same thing. Shame fof us but great for the new generations.

Hi The best advice I can think of is to take each new day as it comes and make the most of it to the best of your ability.
It is also important to listen to your own body and do what is right for you such as having a rest etc if people don’t understand this it is there problem not yours.
Take care

1 Like

Yes, have been far higher amounts of D3 than recommended for some years. I contintue this in the hope that it does something good, but who knows. I was born in a 2nd floor tenement building in Edinburgh. No sunlight there either, eh?

1 Like