OMG now Alan Rickman's dead

Another hero has died at the age of 69!! What is happening to the world???

A brilliant versitile actor, another huge loss. 2 in one week. Rest in Peace.

I loved him playing the sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood prince of thieves. One of my daughters played that film over and over. RIP

mags xx

Liked him too…lovely voice!

pollx

Always had a bit of a crush Alan Rickman

Not so much news worthy Ed stewpot Steward also passed away this week he was a much loved dj in the 60s and 70s he too will be missed,

Barbara.xx

3 Likes

I was told the news by a friend who saw him as Valmont in the 1986 RSC production of ‘Les Liaisons Dangereuses’ in London. An article in today’s ‘Guardian’ quotes Lindsay Duncan (la Marquise de Meurteuil in that original cast) as saying of her co-star that audiences would leave the theatre wanting to have sex ‘and preferably with Alan Rickman’. :slight_smile:

He was a wonderful actor. ‘Truly, Madly, Deeply’ is still one of my favourite films of all time.

Alison

1 Like

Crush and a half. I would never have thought he was that age. Lovely lovely man. X

I really liked Alan Rickman too. And David Bowie. And I remember Ed Stewpot Stewart.

Very sad. Especially for their remaining family and friends.

What we must remember though, this happens to all of us. Also, they were all of a similar age. We tend to forget that. They are forever young in our minds because we don’t see them that often.

Anne

x