Not MS question.

I’m having a procedure on Wednesday, the appointment letter tells me it may be uncomfortable and advises me to take pain relief an hour beforehand. I’m 99% certain I can take paracetamol and ibuprofen together but my brain isn’t in gear can someone confirm please.

Jan x

Yes, you can take ibuprofen and paracetamol together no problem. I’m prescribed both, and there is no stipulation I must take one OR the other. I usually vary it, so I’m not on one thing constantly, but if I’m bad I take both, and codeine too!

I’m sorry to hear you have an “uncomfortable” procedure coming up.

Hope it will not be too bad.

Tina

x

1 Like

It’s a woman’s thing and I wonder if it’s a man’s or a woman’s term thanks Tina I’ll take both best to err on the safe side.

Jan x

Yes you can take both. I have done in the past without any problems at all.

Hope the procedue goes well and hope the para and ibu help loads. Like Tina says codeine is brill for pain relief. On bad days I take co-codamol.

Good luck.

Shazzie x

1 Like

Whatever you`re having done, I hope it turns out better than you think.

luv Pollx

1 Like

I take symptomatic meds for my MS but try to avoid other stuff including over the counter painkillers, silly considering the prescription only stuff I’m happy to take

I’m not too concerned about the procedure just want to get it over with. I refuse to worry about what they may find, it’s probably age related

Jan x

If I ever feel the need to double up and take both ibuprofen & paracetamol, I don’t take them together at the same time. Instead, I’ll take paracetamol, then wait 2 hours before taking the ibuprofen. That way I’m getting a more regular hit of pain relief, rather than having to wait 4 hours.

Hope it goes well though.

Dan

2 Likes

Thanks everyone, it was painless and not as bad as I was led to believe. Scan was clear and consultant reassured me there is nothing sinister just one of those things that can and sometimes does happen.

We really do have a fantastic NHS, in the two weeks since my GP appointment I have been tested, scanned and given the all clear. Gynaecology is winning the battle here’s hoping other departments are also beating targets.

Jan x

3 Likes