Newly diagnosed 😔

Hi everyone,

I first posted here about a year ago about some symptoms I was having.
I had my MRI scan 8 weeks ago and the results today. I have an area of inflammation on my spine and several in my brain. The neurologist doesn’t think I need a lumbar puncture to confirm a diagnosis of MS. I am now waiting to see someone else about where I go from here.

Not sure how I feel really. Numb? Not surprised? Sad? Relieved? Worried?

:woman_shrugging:

Hi Foxy

Sorry to hear that you have joined the MS club. It is better to know what you are dealing with than to be in the dark though. You can then at least start making appropriate decisions on how you can best manage and optimise your health, and move forward on that. I guess your next apppointment will be to do with possible DMDs. Take care.

1 Like

Yes, that’s what he said today, that it would be talking about possible treatments etc.

When he asked me if I had any questions, I said no. Then walked out and thought of 100’s!!!

1 Like

When he asked me if I had any questions, I said no. Then walked out and thought of 100’s!!!

Always the way!

1 Like

Hi foxy welcome to the club ! I was diagnosed in June this year and same as me they gave me lumbar puncture as they felt they had enough evidence to carry on with the diagnosis. Personally I think you should feel relived because you can carry on with your symptoms and not know what it is . I have seen on here they people go years without diagnosis ! But not to worry from now on you’ll be getting the best care from your MS team as they will decide what DMT is best for you :+1:t3:

It’s a lot to take in, even when the news isn’t exactly out of the blue. I am sorry about your dx and of course recognise from my own experience the swirling confusion of emotions.
If getting a life-changing dx like MS has anything good about it, it is surely the fact that the miserable limbo of not knowing is resolved. Many more uncertainties to come, of course, but that’s life either with MS or without it. Now you know in broad terms what you’re dealing with, and can start to get your head around how you are going to stay as well as you can for as long as you can. Good luck with it all.

This always happens. Sounds dull but I use a phone to record questions (text or speech)
Mick