New lesion with tysabri.

Hi! Relatively new diagnosis here, first time posting but avid comment section lurker!

I have just finished my 4th infusion of tysabri and my last MRI has just come back with a new lesion. I know in the grand scheme of things the treatment is like 70% effective. Although it seems most comments I read and even speaking to other patients, many have had zero new lesions having been on tysabri for 10 or so years. It’s very disheartening the results of the scan and I wanted to know if anyone else had this experience in the early days of treatment? I know I shouldn’t compare experiences but it just leaves me feeling kind of worried not being able to see other comments with a similar experience.

Also, doc is moving me to 6 week infusions now as I have had 4 sessions at 4 weeks. Is this going to be commonplace for new patients?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

That is very disappointing for you. I am sorry. Had the new drug reached full ongoing concentration (so to speak) by the time you had the scan? Fingers crossed it’s just a start-up glitch and things settle from now on.

Thanks Alison. I really hope that is the case too, everything’s so unknown and scary at the minute. But reading other posts and people’s comments are a comfort.

1 Like