New diagnosis of PPMS

Sorry to hear your news Michelle, but you really could not have joined a better group of people. I am a bit of an odd one out. Always me! I was diagnosed with relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis but now the drs think that was the wrong diagnosis. They think I have PPMS and have had tests to find out. Awaiting the results in the New Year.

It does take time to assimilate the information of MS. B ut believe all when they say life does go on. It may not be as you would wish but it does go on. You have to adapt. But don’t live your life worrying all the time. I hardly think about the MS, sure I know I have it because it stops me doing things every day. But hey, I am getting older too. To worry about every day is the way to ruin. Please do not do it.

Enjoy your life, every day of it. Get as much help as you need and refus it if you don’t need it. Come one here, laugh, cry, shout. We are all friends looking out for one another.

Sending hugs

Anne

Hi Michelle, I just got here too, just dx too. Like you, really emotional about it. My first visit here when I was really down about it, and ( I don’t think the realise :slight_smile: ) but some comments from these new found friends saved the day and put it all back into perspective. I really like " I have MS, but it doesn’t have me " Paul

Hi Michelle

Like you i’m a civil servant, dx in November

Just starting to go through the ATOS at work, and the Harry Potter book of spells or DLA form as they call it

So if you want any info, don’t claim to be an expert but will let you know how we went about things

Failing that this bunch are very helpful

take care

Tony

Hi guys, not been here for a while but good to see the support continues from within our merry band. Had a downturn towards the end of the year so neuro gave me a steroid course to help. Seems to have helped and has made mobillity easier. hope the results last as long as last tlme (about 10mths)

Big believer in concentrating on what you can do and not dwell on what you cannot do. we have a new and different life to lead, so lead it the best you can.

My wife and I were very lucky to celebrate my 50th birthday with our friends who live in Dubai in Nov, which threw up the travel issues with a wheelchair (an experience never expected to have) and dealing with airlines and airports. our friends were superb to us and we missed out on very little due to access problems.

I think what I am trying to say is GO FOR IT WHENEVER ABLE AND DONT LOOK BACK.

Wishing you all a happy new year.

Oscar1

Hi Oscar, belated happy 50th!

Love your positive attitude…

Happy New Year!!!

Pat x

Hi Pat, not always been that way in my life but things have to change with circumstance. I will post any further research and words of wisdom when the cogs come up with an alternative.

hi michelle

welcome to our little group im not a big poster but im on most days reading at its a great place for info and support

regards mick ((((())))))