Need to learn to know my limits :(

Yesterday I had a good day, went to work in morning, came home and had a quick power nap (lasting 2 hours!) then decided to go in the garden and do some weeding and cut the grass!!! Baring in mind I have not been able to do this for quite a while, I should have known better… Woke up this morning in agony. Lower back pain is worse than ever and legs feel like jelly. Had to drive my son to work and nipped to shops on way back. Only last 5 minutes as pain had reduced me to tears. Back home now dosed up on pain killers and looks like another afternoon of ‘power napping’. Would give anything to be able to do what I want on my day off. :frowning: Jane xxx

Ah luv! It`s a shame your day off has to be spent sleeping off the day before.

But maybe now is the time to re-think how you do and plan things.

We do have to pace ourselves to keep this monster happy.

Sad, but necessary, I fear.

Rest well.

luv Pollx

I know Poll, feel so damned lazy though. When I saw neurologist on Monday, he gave me the impression I was a bit of a hypocondriac and perhaps it was stress related. Decided to see if I could cope by just doing half of what I used to do! Well I have proved it to myself and my son that I can’t. He now has the job of being chief grass cutter and weeder in the garden! Lol The task for this week is to learn and remember what my limits are and compared to some people I am very lucky and count my lucky starts for my wonderful family and friends, both in person and in cyber space. :slight_smile: Jane xxx

It’s rubbish isn’t it Jane. I’m trying to get to grips with this myself. Was reading something about the boom and bust cycle - I really need to get myself out of it! Hope you aren’t in too much pain and you’re able to rest up today. Take care x

If you find the answer Sunflower, let me know. You take care xxx

I’m still at the undiagnosed and off work stage so have no idea what is going on with my body, but I find it shocking that 5 minutes in the garden sitting down slowly weeding can reduce me to shaking with tiredness and a sweat whereas 8 weeks ago I was at the gym! I wish everyone well learning what they are able to do and learning to pace themselves. I feel I have a long journey ahead of me.

Hi Anon, my journey has been going on for years and still no dx. I can slowly empty washing machine and put washing on line, when I’ve finished look like I’ve ran a blinking marathon! But will keep doing what I can for as long as I can pain and tiredness permitting. Good luck with your journey, it’s not nice for any of us but it’s nice to know that everyone on this forum understands and can relate to what we are going through. Take care, Jane xxx

Hi again.

The feeling lazy thing…I used to be a very houseproud woman, also looked after 2 children, a dog, hubby and worked full time, plus running slimming clubs.

So for the last 14 years or so, I`ve not been a ble to do even a quarter of those things.

I said to hubby only yesterday, if I dont do something that needs doing, it is because i feel too weak, in pain or too tired to do so. It isnt because I cant be bothered or am simply lazy! You do understand that, dont you?

There are 2 things I would hate for anyone to say about me;

she is lazy!

she smells!

pollx

I can relate to that Poll, personal hygiene and making an effort to look good is a good moral boost, especially with the extra hard work and effort to get the end results. Just need to get it into my head that I’m not being lazy, and swallow my pride and ask for help. Having recently separated from my hubby unfortunately it’s all falling onto my 22 year old son, which is why I feel so guilty asking him to help. I’m supposed to look after him not other way round. I had to work a split shift today, still in pain from attempting some gardening on Saturday, managed to fall asleep after breakfast this morning and wake up at the time I should have been at work! Then blow me did the same thing this afternoon, grrr…Luckily nobody minded and just laughed at me!