Mums with MS or in limbo, how do you cope?? :(

As bitter sweet as it it im glad some other people have the same feeling. I have a 7yo, 4yo and 2yo and i feel like im letting them down so much as a mother. I drive about 1000km (over 600 miles) a week living rural and doing school runs for the older two. I just havn’t been able to do it so i rely on my husband a lot. he gets home at 1am and is back up about 6;30am with the kids because i just cant wake up.

I’ve been focusing on my diet a lot more and slowing down when i can. Getting my girls more involved in the house work and they have found an interest in helping cook dinner too. Its crazy how much young children can help around the house.

Taking a few minutes to foucus on myself. Just breathing and clearing my head seems to help too. Only takes a moment to stop and refocus.

Hopfully you can find what works for you and your children and you get some improvement in your symptoms xx

I signed up to this forum in desperate search for a community of support. After reading your post. I felt to respond as I too run a home with three lil ones…8 month, 4 and 7. Single mother, 29 years old…with very little to no support. I’m currently at Emerg. Feeling like I can’t do it anymore…this is by far my worst breaking point. Pretty sure I’ve had MS for 10 years.

Iam a single mum with 3kids 15,14 and 5yrs iam struggling with daily chores such as school run and house chores.Recently i was moved house by council due to my MS the place i have been moved its a struggle for me ,it is 16 miles away from my daughter school i can not move her school as she is sitting for her GCES this year how can i get help from my daily struggles my ESA has been stoped therefore am now searching for work hoping to be accepted with my condition iam in a limbo please show me the way foward…

mimi22

I have 4 kids just managed to drag myself around the house to get them ready my husbands took them to school and I’ve gone back to bed to lie down. I was diagnosed at the start of the year and am on daily copaxone injections but I have had a cold and I’m wondering if this is why I’m feeling hit sideways.