MS Society Membership

Just noticed by chance that my local branch has a facebook page. Decided to send a friend request. It’s a year later now, since my diagnosis…maybe they now offer things I will enjoy :slight_smile:

You have my utmost respect for what you do Derek its a shame others are not like the dedication you show buddy good on you Blossom as i sit typing a local ms soceity mag has just dropped through my door so heres to hoping perhaps being a 6ft 2in 1 eyed long haired biker scares them off a tad scares me when i look in the mirro , but will see what response i get and see if mine has a FB page too

respect sheep

2 Likes

Good for you too Sheep, Stay positive! I hope they do have a facebook page and you join. I would love to be a fly on the wall when all six foot two of you…with your one eye :wink: arrives at the local branch heehee :slight_smile:

Further to my previous, and hasty comment due to being on holiday…

If you click on the Menu tab on top of the page which says ‘About Us’ you can read exactly what the benefts are.

Eiona

That doesn’t sound very welcoming!

BTW!! the anon facility is not working at the moment-admin are aware

If you get in touch with your local branch they can fill out a grant form for you, you may be entitled to equipment (including disabled scooter) modifications to your home; as well as annual respite payment or short break, some of these grants you may have to contribute to, (depending on income) but in our branch we give a respite payment and or a grant for equipment on an annual basis, these are decided upon by the grants team, usually made up of Treasurer, Lead Support Volunteer and Secretary. You do not have to be a member, you just have to give adequate information to prove you have MS.

You can receive a Newsletter with information about what is happening in your local group, this includes outings, support meetings and physiotherapy.

You may want to like to help with und raising projects, ie supermarket collections etc but this is voluntary.

Most of all you get to speak with friends who know what you’re going through.

Wendy x

Excellent news that a commitee member will read this post and some of our comments and maybe take them onboard to a meeting of somesorts , i will see if i can record the faces for you Blossom but as we arent allowed to do things like that i will give you a posting about it so you can at least picture it , Wendy thats awesome im very charity focused and to do things like that for folks is excellent , i found out this week i am entited help from the RNLI Benevelolent Fund though id never take from them or any charities for that matter but its great to know these things exsist to help us all but to read a group helps folks like that is excellent

I had another letter today (2 this week) from the soceity asking for a donation as said somewhere above the £5 must be well used up in postage and its a shame as im sure a pdf email of the same thing would benefit the soceity and result in benefiting all MS suffers in the end through research and fighting the goverments etc etc

respect sheep

Why doesn’t this thread appear on my favourites, even though I’ve added it to my favourites? I’m putting this up to see if it appears in the list of threads I have contributed to.

Now I am diagnosed I will become a member after reading this.

Thanks x

1 Like