MS Society Facebook page

I found this via a link on MS Society Facebook page, this man has Primary Progressive MS.

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/ms-support/community-blog/ppms-the-little-things

Thoughts?

As regards having problems putting on shoes or other footwear, a Occupational Therapist arranged for a long shoe horn to be delivered to my home.

Some people use either a walking stick or crutches outdoors if they’re a little unsteady on their feet.

I understand and can relate to his situation although I use my hands to put slippers on every day so havent experienced those problems yet. If I am walkingh somewhere unfamiliar or without hand rails I use my stick which seems to make people be considerate and when I go shoppimg I borrow a mobility scooter which again seems to make people be considerate and helpful and uits also quite fun as well as being essential. I am actually looking forward to the day when I get my own bungalow and can get my own scooter.

hi colin.

my name is dennis diagned 2006 stile drive walk hand crutches just getting over chest infection taking antibiotcs.

loosing my mobility slowly is abuger i live with my wife maria . and do water colour painting.

what do you do to pass the time . do you still work?.

keep in touch sorry about spelling never been my stong dennis.

hi colin.

my name is dennis diagned 2006 stile drive walk hand crutches just getting over chest infection taking antibiotcs.

loosing my mobility slowly is abuger i live with my wife maria . and do water colour painting.

what do you do to pass the time . do you still work?.

keep in touch sorry about spelling never been my stong dennis.

Hi Colin, I can still get shoes on luckily.

When out I usually go on scooter, or if not I use walker of stick. I find most people very considerate. Young men seem particularly considerate… always making room for me to pass etc. They look like gang members and then very sweetly stand to one side to let me through.

I remember when I first used a stick I couldn’t believe what a difference it made. Not only to walking and balance, but because you are giving a clear signal to people that you have difficulty… hence people wouldn’t get annoyed by my slow walking, same with cars at crossings, and people happily offered me seats on buses and tubes. YES this was in London!

Now I can’t manage public transport and can only walk a very short way outside… and my little scooter is my best buy ever!

Pat x

I think the point of the article is not that he stuggles to put his slippers on, but the fact that it is a fairly trivial thing like that bothers him. Sometimes we can cope with the bigger issues, but a small thing like that really does bring it hope that there is somthing wrong. A small, everyday thing.
For me it used to be washing the car, it would do for my arms and grip if i tired. Hence the car gets washed by the rain now.

Paulx

Sorry Pat,

Really made me grin there, glad I’ve got summat to look forward to!

I find opening ‘stuff’ a real challenge these days, especially stuff in shrink wrapped plastic and jars/bottles (my teeth can attest to this)…

Mags xx