Ms nurse

Hi everyone, Went to see ms nurse today and asked if i was now secondry progressive Ms. She looked at notes and said I was dx secondry progressive. Looks like my husband is right, I obviously don’t listen to what people are telling me. On a plus side I am now going to phsio and going to get an appointment for OT. Took no 3 daughter along with me to make sure one of us remembers what was said. Should have said went to see ms nurses today because there was two of them. They also said I might be better off on baclafen, anti-depressants and a blue pill for bladder problems. Oh happy days!!! Overcast in the granite city today. Matches my mood perfectly. Take care Mags xx

Hi Mags

Sounds like a productive appointment with your ms nurse, we are lucky to have them, some places are not so lucky.

I take baclofen and it helps me, only thing I would say is start on a low dose and increase slowly, hope it does the trick for you.

Horrible day here, rain and cold, take care.

Pam x

Maggie, you are not the only one, I’m always getting told off for not listening!

Sonia x

Mags I’m so glad you got answers and they obviously listen to what you have to say if they’re sorting your problems out. I often think that nurses listen better than many doctors ( as an ex nurse myself). We are very fortunate to have them. OT’s are also worth their weight in gold, mine is wonderful, has made my home much more user friendly.

These people that do nothing but moan about the nhs really wind me up as I feel very content knowing there’s always someone on hand if something happens or bothers me. Send them to some of these third world hospitals and see what goes on. I did my midwifery in rural Africa and I could make your hair curl.

Quite chilly in the Lakes.

Cath xx

Mags, I’m glad you’ve got some answers. I don’t have a problem listening…just keeping it in there once I’ve heard it! Hope the new tablets help you. Ive taken anti depressants for over twenty years now…I can’t tell you the difference they make to my life. A couple of times over the years I’ve slowly reduced them and stopped them but always within a few days I realize how much I really do need them. Give them a couple of weeks to kick in and hopefully it will make a huge difference to your day to day life. By the way mags I am SP too. Good luck, Nina x

Hi cath, I totally agree our nurses etc are on the whole wonderful. My husband has ankylosing spondylitis and the support he has had over the years is really good. He had a hip replacement as a result of the spondylitis and we can never praise everyone enough. He also gets injections once a fortnight without these I am more than certain he would have had to give up his work. Yes we can have no complaints about our nhs. How greedy are we to have two chronic illnesses in the family? Lol!!! Mags xx Ps my ms nurse is gem

I won’t hear a word spoken about anyone working at the coal face in the NHS. They are wonderful, hard working, kind people. Take a bow, Cath…

Unfortunately I can’t take credit for working for the nhs, I worked in a nursing home during my career in the UK. The nhs shift patterns weren’t flexible enough for a single parent with no support networks here. I take my hat off to them being able to do it, but child minders don’t like 10pm finishes and night duty rotas. I loved my years looking after the residents though.

Cath xx

[quote=“Min”]

Unfortunately I can’t take credit for working for the nhs, I worked in a nursing home during my career in the UK. The nhs shift patterns weren’t flexible enough for a single parent with no support networks here. I take my hat off to them being able to do it, but child minders don’t like 10pm finishes and night duty rotas. I loved my years looking after the residents though.

Cath xx

[/quote] I’m sure you and your colleagues can be included in what was said. Maybe I should have said ‘the caring professions’. My own carers have just put me to bed (Thursday night is Ruth’s night out) and I know they do long days for a meagre wage, but remain cheerful and attentive all the time. God bless 'em all!

Well said Kev. Everyone has a place and is appreciated. My home help came today and my bathroom is spotless again and my bed has fresh linen. What more can a girl ask for? Everything you can’t do becomes a huge issue until that friendly face arrives at the door! I appreciate her so much.

Cath xx

Hi cath, Can you tell me how to get hold of a home help as I hate to say it but house hold chores are getting too much for me. Thanks mags xxx

Mags, One of my mum and dad’s neighbours had lost a client and they were worried about me so I eventually gave in to their pestering and hired her. Now I don’t know how I managed without her. I’d keep an eye on notice boards in local shops or post offices or even put an advert up yourself. I was just lucky I’d fallen down the stairs trying to Hoover and she lost a client. Fate. I’d ask for references if I didn’t know her, it’s really hard letting someone in your home to clean, she will also run errands for me if I need her to. I don’t need personal care but she’ll wash my hair for me if I’m struggling too.

Just be aware that if you go through an agency they charge a lot as they take a fee too. It depends on what you need doing I think, but loads of people put adverts in the local free papers looking for help. I hope you find someone as nice as Rachel.

Good luck, let us know how you get on please. Take care,

Cath xx

I have said it before and I will say it again the MUD is blooming marvellous, and once got out of bed in hospital and balled someone out for their incessant moaning about the nursing care. I got a round of applause from the rest of the ward and the moaner shut up.

I went to see MS nurse recently she had the neurologist next door and another MS nurse in room next door the other side when I asked questions that she couldn’t answer she popped next door got answers there and then. First class service.

I went on NHS course called expert patient that was mainly about fatigue management and goals. It was around three or four years ago. I have yet to achieve the goal I set myself of walking to the paper shop on my crutches. Won’t do it now but on the bright side I don’t read newspapers

Don your positive attitude brightens my day.

Cath

Just looked at my post MUD should read NHS how my kindle got mud I will never know I don’t like predictive text

Predictive text on my kindle drives me mad too. But the fact that you can just slide your finger around the keypad makes up for the aggravation. My ability to touch type has vanished and the kindle is so convenient but when my messages don’t make sense, blame it on that.

Cath

Hi Cath and Don, Predictive text drives me crazy on my iPad. I don’t know about Kindles but I’ve recently turned off predictive text …found the option in settings, don’t ask me where I just happened upon it! Maybe the same applies to the Kindle? Nina x