Ms but no family history

OMG. The one and only (I can’t stop singing it!!). Now look what you’ve done! Lol!

Shazzie xx

Hi there,

After the diagnosis I discovered my mother’s cousin was diagnosed a couple years back…

M.

No-one else in my family, at least as far as far back as great grandparents.

Tracey x

Hi Gray

I’m the only one in my family to have ms. I’ve never been asked by any of my medical team if any relatives have it, so have always assumed it’s not hereditary.

Freckles x

Hi Gray,

The only vague connection is my fathers half sister had it apparently

BeckyX

Nobody in my family has it either and I’d be close to all my aunts, uncles great aunts and uncles etc so I’d know a fai bit about who has what ailment lol.

I am also the one and only! :smiley:

Hi, I coudnt think what the song was and could ony thik of Chas and Dave! Ha…hilarious!

When I saw the words of the song, I knew what was meant.

I know, I`m losing it!

pollx

As far as I know I too am the one and only… My mum thinks one of her second/third cousins had a daughter who ‘died from MS at 40’ (I’m 41) but she has a tendency to dramatise so it’s punch of salt time… What a blast from the past those lyrics are!

Pinch!

Hi Gray,

As far as I know I am the only one too; on both British or the foreign side.

RF

Oh no Poll, I’ve got “more rabbit than sainsburys” in my head now

Sorry for railroading your thread Gray but nice to have a giggle

Sonia x

Carry on girls, think if anybody deserves a giggle we do I’m having a good day today Gray xx

That’s good to hear Gray I’m glad you’re getting some serious DMDs too!

I’m trying to get another crack at steroids (as things have been off kilter since a UTI) and I’ve got rehab next week, so I’m really looking forward to that

Staying positive is good, well stops you going mental anyway

Sonia x

I’m the only one in my family with it. Guess I’m just special

I am also the only one in my family with MS. My Nanna had a tremor, which we were told was due to Parkinsons, but she wasn’t diagnosed with that until she was nearly 90! My Mum has RA, which is also auto immune, so I suppose there must be link.

I am the same. No one in my family as far as I know had MS. It is totally mind boggling that I am the first in my family to have it.

Only one dx with it, ,however my nephew’s wife has it, my father died young so who knows what he may have got later, he was only 37.