MRI Result

Hi all

me again!

so I had my result this week and was wondering if anyone can decipher the result

“There were also three supratentorial lesions and one of these did enhance. There was no abnormality in the cervical cord.”

blood tests and nerve tests came back back as normal. But the VeP showed evidence of optic neuritis.

I first experience ON in the summer and think am having another attack now but no other symptoms.

now will I be diagnosed ‘officially’ with MS if a lumbar puncture comes back as positive or will that depend on whether the eye issues I am having now are confirmed as another attack?

the MRI was done before Xmas so I’m ot sure if the enhanced lesion was from the previous ON or this new one I am experiencing now.

any thoughts?

I think only a Neuro can diagnose, sorry to be not much help. The lesson that enhances means you currently have inflammation.

1 Like

Hi

It’s impossible for us to decipher the results of an MRI.

With regard to the Lumbar Puncture, something like 80 to 95% of people with MS have Oligoclonal bands in their cerebrospinal fluid. This is what the neurologist is looking for by doing the LP. Although there are other diagnoses that can be identified by an LP.

It’s all a matter of the neurologist having evidence from each of the tests, as well as your physical examination and the history of symptoms. S/he will then weigh up all of the evidence and decide whether you have MS, whether it’s a Clinically Isolated Syndrome (CIS) at this stage, or whether it’s not either of these.

Obviously, you are very welcome to the forum, anything we can help with, we will do. But I’m sorry to say, it’s a case f wait8ng for the neurologist to make a determination about what the MRI results mean.

Sue