MRI, ON and MS

Hello,

I am awaiting to see the neurologist to know more about my MRI scan and - probably - hear the diagnosis. I am kind of resigned and ready for it to be MS; I have lesions on brain, spinal cord and left eye optic nerve. Also, after a year of being symptoms free I have optic neuritis again. I never really had any other symptom. I just wonder if you ever heard of anyone who had all the problems like me and yet had no MS at the end of the day.

I am sorry if some of you find this post stupid and desperate. Cause, well, it is both :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Frank and welcome to the site

As far as I know, MS is the most common neurological condition causing lesions and ON, but there are other possible conditions including, e.g., severe vitamin B12 deficiency.

So I think perhaps that your current approach is a sensible one: expect MS, but keep a smigeon of hope open that it might be something treatable.

I hope you don’t have too long to wait for the appointment, and the answer.

And if it is MS, please remember that it really is NOT the end of the world!

Karen x

The app is in October; until then I can just wonder what it might be. If it won’t be MS it gonna be a kind of miracle, considering that I have ongoing inflammations pretty much everywhere.

We will see what will happen.

Hi Frank,

Just wanted to wish you good luck and as Karen has said ms is not the end of the world.

Janet

x