Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to one and all.

When does the eating start? I’ve already eaten a few mince pies! Did I start too early?

1 Like

Merry Christmas from me too. Eating? Mr Poppy and I started on the mince pies about 2 weeks ago, then he made some as a gift for someone. Of course they had to be sampled yesterday. I’m staying away from the chocolate so far. I’m feeling virtuous eating satsumas!

Merry Christmas everyone. I think the eating can start today as it is Christmas Eve,Eve! We are starting today on Christmas breakfasts! These can of course be anything that you consider a treat but as my daughter has chosen it will be mainly croissants,pain au chocolat and danish sugar waffles with or without melted chocolat or maple syrup and butter! So what am I getting for Christmas? Probably diabetes if I eat all that! Ho ho ho!

Christmas eve?

Christmas Eve,Eve i.e the day before Christmas Eve lol. I am not sure if it is a made up by our family thing or a Northern thing. Until this minute I assumed everyone said it. ha ha but obviously not! Happy Christmas Eve,Eve everyone!!!

I used to have Birthday Eve, and Boxing Birthday. So I am in total agreement as to Christmas Eve Eve.

And as for the eating, I am ‘relatively’ virtuous. Mr Sssue has been eating mince pies since at least the start of the month. And a friend (possibly a bit OCD) has a chart on her kitchen wall rating all the various bought pies. (Points for pastry, filling etc, an ultimate star grading. I believe Tesco’s Finest scored reasonably highly, but there are a fair number that had yet to be rated. Sainsburys bog standard were at the bottom at the beginning of the week!)

We are yet to start on the traditional Quality Street eating. Which is pretty good. (For us.)

Special cheese has been eaten all month.

Sue

why not have a Christmas Eve Eve - we need as much joy as possible - it can be very grim oop North.

1 Like

Merry Christmas

[quote=“Belle69”]

Christmas Eve,Eve i.e the day before Christmas Eve lol. I am not sure if it is a made up by our family thing or a Northern thing. Until this minute I assumed everyone said it. ha ha but obviously not! Happy Christmas Eve,Eve everyone!!!

[/quote] Aaah. Now I see. I hadn’t read it properly x

I wish all those who are able a merry Christmas, and those that are not able a calm and peaceful one.

For me this time of year is bittersweet. It highlights my loneliness and I reflect on how life used to be at this time of year.

I shall nevertheless enjoy films, food, strictly! and savour the small social life I can still achieve.

I rarely make comment on here, but doing so today, because I believe that I’m not alone in feeling lonely any time of year.

I often read and am interested in others posts, but lack confidence when replying. I thank everyone for their posts - I have found it helpful and supportive

2 Likes

I hope you’re not feeling too lonely Sylvia. There are a few of us still about, not surrounded by family and friends. Maybe for the New year, you might feel more confident and able to post a bit more.

Happy Christmas to you.

Sue

hiya sylvia and all others

happy christmas to you all.

i am around too-i am well aware what a lonely day/time it can be for some. before facebook times i recall when the mods made us all a cooked breakfast on this very day i know its a bit later than breakfast time but i have tattie scones here if somebody wants one…

for sylvia-soon time for me to watch tv so budge up-what are you watching?

ellie

love tatty farls and soda bread too

having a pretty good day

will be watching strictly later after the jungle book!

1 Like

am thinking-what are tatty farts?! in my defence i only have (poor sight) in one eye! or a language issue?! (i am scottish lol)

am waiting on monsters inc!

enjoy ur viewing.

i think maybe sylvia meant fatty tarts but tatty farts could be the consequence of the fatty tarts. oops, i think i made it worse. sylvia i hope you enjoyed the fatty tarts. you must come back to the fog again tomorrow and every day or else you’ll wonder what everyone is on about. it’s mostly gibberish which i for one, am brilliant at. welcome to the fog!

oh and i’m eating a dark chocolate terry’s orange with my new gin!