Lovely ATOS man, and ill health retirement

Well saw neuro today to discuss new meds, whilst there, there was a meeting at my school to dismiss me on capability. Just had an email saying it’s all agreed for me to get 3months notice money, and for tier 1 pension?? Anyone know what tier 1 means. Thank you xxx

Poll, quick qusetion. on Tier one, will I still get the option of payout and Pension, or just Pension? Thank you xxx

Hi Shellie Tier one retirement means that after collating medical information about you, an independent medical advisor, usually a doctor from your occi health provider, has determined that “there is no prospect of you obtaining gainful employment before the age of 65” and therefore you should be retired on medical grounds and with full medical enhancement to your pension. Effectively this means that you receive a pension as if you were 65 and your recent pension statement will tell you what this yearly amount and lump sum is. Your pension company will be able to tell you other options regarding taking a larger lump sum and smaller pensio. There should be a telephone number on your pension statement for you to speak directly to one of the pensions advisors. Catherine

Thnk you Catherine, found out today that I’m in support group for ESA too, such a releif not to worry about how to replace my wage xxx

Hi again.

I didnt know what tier 1 meant, as it wasnt applied to me at the time of my IHR.

But Mrs H has explained it for us.

That`s brill news re the ESA decision. I got the same a week or so ago and yes, what a huge relief it is.

Hope you are also getting DLA, or PIP as it is called now.

It is an expensive life when you have a disability, so the money will soon be spent. But I used all my lump sum in buying a scooter, a car to fit it into and alterations to our conservatory, as it is my only means of getting into and out of the house.

After also buying several wheelchairs myself, \i now ask the council/social services for help as we`ve no savings left! Plus I damaged my hips due to not being properly assessed.

If there`s anything else I can try to help you with, please just ask.

Good luck hun.

luv Pollx