Little things that help

Amazing! I had no idea they existed.

Thanks so much… explained perfectly!

Pat xx

I’m sorry you can’t bath when you need to soak. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for your lottery win!

I had a look at some prices for various bath lifts and there are several for under £200. I also saw cheaper ones on ebay, but as someone who has never bought anything on ebay, I wouldn’t know how you can tell which sellers to trust. Would it be something you could get a grant for from the ms society?

J.

Great lists Polly and Pauline - a Blue Badge is definitely on my list too and online shopping.

We’ve kind of changed into “big things that help” which is fine and just as useful to hear about.

All the best J.

My 3 ‘couldn’t manage without’ little things;

1. Amazon Kindle.

2. Radio 4.

3. Family.

…actually 3) is quite a ‘big’ thing, but hey ho

1 Like

Most new electric blankets can be washed in a washing machine

Be very careful of using one constantly

my wife has had her one on every day as she sits in the bed most days

and she overheats her body it’s a new model but I have stopped her using it as her condition has worsened

lately. I am sure this is a factor

di Google search of the problems with electric blankets

1 Like

A hot bed ?? !! Thats the last thing I need , I go to bed with 2 ice blocks , one down one sock and the other down the back of my underwear.

I thought heat exasapated MS, wasn’t one of the tests once to have a hot bath and see if you stiffen up ?

Some helping things aren’t always intentional. I now have a ground floor bathroom - obviously a help. I also got a shower seat, as I struggled to stand in my old shower. In the new one, I find I mainly use it post shower while drying. The big difference has been the tiles. Previously very smooth. In the new shower they are very tactile. I can close my eyes while rinsing my hair & rest my hand on the tactile tiles. I think they help my brain coordinate where I am, so my balance is much more manageable. Weird! The shower seat is very handy when I’m knackered, or shaving my legs. Glad I didn’t get a fixed one.

since I had to stop work, my pets have not only been good company, but also given me a motivation to keep going. Dog walks with my Trionic Veloped are good for all of us. My rescue hens are treated like royalty & reward me with eggs & even cuddles.

2 Likes

Oh cuddly hens! Sweet

I also really like the seat in the shower. It’s a great help for washing hair and feet (I had to change that… I’d typed ‘hair ON feet’!!!)

One of the biggest helps I found is a door-to-door laundry! They come and pick my laundry up every fortnight and bring it back next day washed AND ironed! Price varies between £20 to £35. Goes by weight.

Also I found a company called COOK who deliver really good frozen meals. Not complete meals, I have to do frozen veg, and either frozen mash or microwave rice, but they are good tasty meals without any of the crap.

Without DLA I couldn’t afford these things that make life SO much easier.

Pat xx

1 Like