Letter from neuro yesterday

I had a neuro appointment last month for follow up for blackouts and ? seizures. I saw the consultant this time but initially my appt was with her reg in the summer. He had not told her of my additional symptoms so when I went she was unaware of it all. My GP had arranged an MRI which the receptionist had reported to me as normal so I presumed MS was no longer a possible diagnosis. The neuro said she didn’t have time to go into these symptoms with me at this appt but she would book a double slot asap for me which is next month. On this letter I have recieved it says “I do agree she needs further evaluation whether these may represent MS or not”. How can that be the case if my brain mri was clear?

Anyone?

Hi Superbecks, I think that whatever is causing your problems obviously needs further investigation, as blackouts or seizures are not normal. She may not think it is MS and maybe only mentioned MS as that would have been the reason for your MRI scan initially. Try not to get to wound up trying to think into it further than you need to. Try to stay positive and know that they will seek to find the cause once she has spoken to you and assessed you herself. Hopefully she might be able to offer possible thoughts as to what path she wants to go down with tests, once you get to speak to her properly. Take care, I hope you get some answers soon. J x

Hi superbecks I’d agree. Don’t try to read to far into the neuro’s letter. I’ve found that they often don’t tell you the full story Whilst it’s frustrating for us in limbo land there’s no point worrying too much over it and all I can say is stay calm and be patient till you see him Mick

Thanks for your replies. It was my GP who initially suspected MS and wrote to the neuro. However on the top of the letter she has sent me says patient concerned about MS. I was more wondering that once i’d had a clear brain mri surely ms is out of the running? xx

Thanks for your replies. It was my GP who initially suspected MS and wrote to the neuro. However on the top of the letter she has sent me says patient concerned about MS. I was more wondering that once i’d had a clear brain mri surely ms is out of the running? xx