Just symptoms; looking for advice

Hi, I’m new here and this is my first post. I feel the need to apologise as I have a feeling this is going to follow a common theme for a first post.

Over the past half a year or so, I’ve been getting symptoms that seem to have MS as a commonality. Most notably, in February, when I also had a cold, I went for about three weeks going to work and then straight to bed as I was so tired. This culiminated on a memorable Friday when I lost my vision in both eyes for what felt like a couple of minutes on the Tube (for London-dwellers, I started losing it at Warren Street, and it returned when I was sitting on the platform at Oxford Circus). I went home and spent the rest of the following week in bed, sleeping most of the day and night. Before this, I went through a period of about a month where my eye would not stop twitching, ranging from a few times a day to a few times an hour.

Now, for about a month, my head has been having a really weird sensation that feels like sunburn, but when I touch it it feels more like bruising. This has been especially annoying as it is making my scalp itchy. Adding to this, I’ve been experiencing bladder problems - a sudden, desperate need to go to the toilet without much warning, and occasionally feeling a weird tightness in my chest when I breathe in.

Reading through this site when it said it was normal to feel like I’m being a hypochondriac is what made me want to post. I really don’t like going to the doctor (and he was quite dismissive of the fact that I had lost vision). I don’t feel like I can go to the doctor and just start listing everything, like I have done here, without sounding like I’ve spent too much time on Google. But I am anxious that, when it started with the eye twitch and I thought that MS was coming up as the typical google scare-result, it’s now coming up quite frequently.

If anyone could give me advice about whether I should wait to see if anything in particular comes up that is a sign I should go to my GP, or if the fact that these things aren’t happening together are a sign of something, I’d be very grateful. Thank you.

Hi Anon, I would go back a gain to your gp and explain your symptoms but whatever you do is don’t tell him/ her you have googled as this just puts their backs up. From what you have said it could be one of many things. Have you seen your optician, may be worth a trip. If you are still not happy ask your gp if they would refer you to a neuro. Hope thois helps. Janet x