i've got m.s. but m.s. hasn't got me -aaaargh!

It irritates me too

Even with all that Poll, you still managed to bring a smile to my face. When I first read your comment I though it was just your poor squished bum that wanted to feel free. (It’s late, I had a late night/early morning finish yesterday & as usual, today I’m still at work, so my brain ain’t working too well hehe )

I think for a lot of people it is the sentiment behind the phrase is what keeps them going, like you say MrsJ - it will never take your spirit and thats probably how many people mean it. And if those words do it for them, so be it. If you don’t like the phrase then don’t use it!!

JBK x

I hate it too :slight_smile:

It gives me the impression that if I just worked harder, then I can defeat MS. The trouble is, if a relapse hits, then that’s it for a few weeks or even months and then the MS runs your life. At those times, MS wins and you should hear me swear at it.

The phrase has been around for ages. It was around when I was diagnosed in 2000. I believed it then, but learned a bitter lesson when I was hit with relapse after relapse.

Nowadays, I say, I have MS, but I’m lucky. I can walk and talk (not always at the same time). I’m an incurable optimist and when things go wrong, a foolishly incurable optimist.

I must admit I don’t like marmite and it is the same with this phrase, I don’t like it infact I hate it. Sorry, but it was posted to get a response and this is my response. My symptoms do have me because they affect so much of my life and my life has changed. Sorry, that is all I have to say right now, as I will become meloncholy and self-consumed. I wish this thread of all threads could be taken off, surely it has had it’s day, what does it achieve other than to get us to agree or diagree. Modertators if you have any sense, remove it, as it is becoming nonsensical. Lou X

I think the first time I heard it, it was Alan Osmond who used it, so 80s, his son also has ms, Montel Williams was also quite fond of it too,on his show,but yes it’s irritating.