Interview!

I had an interview today, which I think went very well. I’d decided not to say anything about my ms, but if I was offered the job would be open & honest with them - slow progression rrms on dmd,s etc… but just at the end of the interview he asked if there were any disabilities that would stop me performing in the role… I stuttered and blurted out that I had ms. Explained I’d had 100% attendance although had to go to appointments etc and now on dmd’s… Apart from that, it went well I think. Fingers crossed for me - will hopefully find out tomorrow :slight_smile:

Sallum,

I wish you the very best . Good luck in your new role. Mick

1 Like

Good luck.

Jan x

1 Like

One very excited girl…I got the job! He was impressed with my openness re my MS & obviously my skills :wink:

7 Likes

Brilliant news!!! Well done you. You must be soooo chuffed.

Shazzie xx

1 Like

That’s really brilliant news. Well done you!!!

(I have to say that when you mentioned him asking specifically about disabilities I did start thinking “well that’s a dodgy question to ask”. I am really glad that my worries were wrong Brilliant.)

1 Like

Oh wow! Good for you and for being open and honest.

Happy New Year in your new job.

luv Pollx

2 Likes

Open & upfront was what won it. Showed my character he said :slight_smile:

3 Likes

great result

Mick

1 Like

Well done brilliant news.

Jan x

1 Like

Very well done you, Happy Christmas!!

1 Like

What good news - and this will give many of the newbies etc. more hope for the future. Might be worth posting it on the other forums.

Good idea, I’ll repost in the other forums people dont bincasedonte through them. :slight_smile:

what`s the job then?

pollx

Nothing too exciting! I will be a service Desk co-ordinatorTaking for a catering equipment company in the Midlands. I’ll be office based taking calls from restaurants/hotels & any other catering establishments. A slight pay rise, but more importantly fixed hrs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

sounds good to me. when do you start?

pollx

Exactly 1 month today :smiley: The countdown begins…Only 14 working days :slight_smile:

HI Sallum - big congratulations. I’ve got a new job too and also told them about MS at interview :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fantastic news! We both have something to celebrate and have something to look forward to in the new year :slight_smile: When are you starting your new job. I’m starting on 19th Jan.

Yes lets celebrate!! Starting early Jan - not been given a date yet, depends on when DBS is back. Hope all goes well for you.

H x

1 Like