information

hi i am not sure what is wrong with me yet but i suspect ms

i have had problems for a few years now

i have dizzy spells iam currently having numbness and tingiling in the left side of my body

including my neck and face

i am constantly tired and ache all over

my vision has detereiorated in the last year are so and become more blurred

i have had several episodes of bowel incontinence in the last couple of years also

i have a weakness in my lower back and am experiencing lots of problems including cramp and stiffness

i am undergoing tests at the moment and waiting for a refferal to hospital

the trouble is my husband had ms 17 years ago unfortunatley it took his life surely i cant have ms too

my doctor said the same but he is sending me for an mri scan i dont know what to think i am very frightened at the moment

There are lots of conditions that mimic MS, Hughes being one of them. Some of them are easily treatable.

It must be a very worrying time for you, but unfortunately only a medical professional can tell you if it is MS or not.

If it is MS, then advances in its treatment are being made all the time. It is not the disease it was.

Good Luck!

hi

i am new to this forum and i am looking for some advice

has anyone been told that the symptoms they are experiencing could be caused by stress and anxiety

i had an appointment yesterday with a neurosurgeon she asked me questions and then got me to do some tests like walking on the spot and testing my reflexes and sence of touch

she said she couldnt see anything wrong with these but is sending me for an MRI scan then said it was probably stress and anxiety that was causing my symptoms

i was very upset and confused .how can stress cause me to have tingling numbness, eye problems, fatigue, choking fits when eating, and bowel problems .

i have suffered from depression on and off for years and feel that this has influenced her judgement and i havent been taken seriuosly very upset at moment

has anyone else experienced this reaction.

Hi, it is so wrong of your neuro to make an assumption that your past ill health is forced to be what`s causing your current problems.

But at least she is doing tests. One tip someone gave me eons ago is this;

never cry at an appointment with a neuro, or they will put your problems down to hysteria!!! Disgraceful!

Keep talking to us and we`ll try our best to support you.

luv Pollx

thankyou

i did keep my composure in there but as soon has i got out i burst into tears.

thankyou

i did keep my composure in ther but has soon as i got out i burst into tears. [quote=“MS43”]

Hi, it is so wrong of your neuro to make an assumption that your past ill health is forced to be what`s causing your current problems.

never cry at an appointment with a neuro, or they will put your problems down to hysteria!!! Disgraceful!

luv Pollx

[/quote]

I think you are right.

I full agree with you.

MS43

luv Pollx