Hello, this is my first post. I have not been diagnosed with anything yet, and therein lies the problem. I don’t know what to think, but I feel some of my symptoms point to MS. I don’t want to leap to conclusions, but I feel a bit stuck and it’s difficult trying to talk to my husband as, if he can’t find an immediate solution to a problem, it is like talking to a brick wall.he just shrugs his shoulders and says he’s not an expert.
Over the course of the last 6 months my symptoms have got progressively worse:
- L’hermittes sign
- Continual tingling in hands, like a pre-pins and needles sensation, gets worse when washing up or in the shower
- Tingling legs when walking short distances (has now moved up to my back and tummy area as well as legs)
- I’ve always needed to go to the loo at lot but recently I seem to need to go every 15 minutes or so.
- General feeling of feeling unbalanced, like I am leaning over to the side all the time
- Blurry eye sight/blind spots in right eye
- My right knee sometimes buckles so that I stumble when walking. For years I have always had trouble ‘going over on my ankle’.
- Fatigue that hits me like a ton of bricks out of nowhere.
- Stiff back in the mornings. I need to ‘limber up’ for about 1-2 hours before I don’t feel so stiff
- Sometimes can’t think of the right word, or mispronounce words, or misread words when reading to my children
I’ve had some of these symptoms at least a couple of year on and off. At first I attributed them to being a mum of two young children, the tiredness and brain fog and so on, but what about the tingling and lhermittes? On 3 occasions now my physio has said he thinks I need to see a neurologist. The GP won’t refer me yet, but I have managed to get a refferal for an MRI of my head and cervical spine. It’s in about 4 weeks time. In the meantime, is there anything else I can do? I have the symptoms every day. I wondered if it could be a silent migraine? Would a different type of practitioner be of any help, like a chiropractor?
I don’t know what to try next. Obviously I will wait for the MRI but the waiting is driving me mad. I can’t escape the symptoms. I was prescribed Naproxen and that helps with neck pain but not the tingling sensations.
I worry about how these undiagnosed symptoms are going to affect my ability to look after my children…
If anyone has any thoughts on my post please let me know. Thank you. Sorry it’s so long.