I used to be able to run

Hi Teresa.

I to was a keen jogger 3or 4 times a week,run in my first marathon when i was 20[not a great time and was not keen on trying it again so it was the first and last time.Even now 35 years latter i still get a thrill thinking about it.

Take Care.

Chris

I use to get told off for constantly running , my friend works with the folk we worked with 20 years ago, they asked if i was still running about everywhere, she said no the MS has stopped that

when i was in school i used to do long distance running and gymnastics but now i can do jack xxxx i have spms life,s a bich

Teresa,

I can’t run and my daughter turns 17 on Wednesdaty… is there a connection? My 18 year old is my chauffeur it is so helpful.

Did manage a short skip down the hall the other day to some music - laughed at myself. ha

Keep well, Jen x

Hi Jen Hope your daughter has a great birthday! Can you believe where the time goes? They go from 0 to 17 in the blink of an eye, don’t they? I’m looking forward to my son passing his test quickly as I think at the beginning he will be eager to give me lifts. As time passes it will probably be a drag! Take care Teresa xx

Hi,I used to run 6 miles 3 times a week until 6 years ago when the MS began to take hold.It was one of the first things that it took from me and probably the thing I miss the most.If there was ever a tsunami and I had to run to higher ground I’d be doomed.I certainly have to wait for the green man to flash now.Talk later,Dave.

Hi Dave Yes, I say now that if I had to run to save my life I would be totally scuppered! Teresa xx

I hate not being able to shop for nice shoes.

I saw a really dinky pair of boots that would have been fab for the winter, was just about to ask to try them on when I realised - how in the name of gibber are you going to get them over your ‘foot-up’?

Left store as quickly as I could with hot tears burning my eyes. Ach, MS sucks so much it blows!

Clarexxx

Yes, the shoes thing is really upsetting for me too - I love shoes and have several pairs of heels in my wardrobe that I can’t wear - when I shop for shoes now, it’s always the ugly flat ones I have to go for, and the pretty heels have to stay on the shelf although I would much prefer to buy those!

I used to be able to run in 4" heels!!

L x

Yes guys flat,stable,sensible shoes are the order of the day now aren’t they? It really sucks, all my heels are just gathering dust never to have an airing again! Teresa xx

I can’t remember the last time I ran anywhere…Must be at least 6 years ago now.

If I’m truly honest though, I’d gladly never run again if I could walk without risking falling over or becoming too weak to lift my knee after 10minutes.

I still don’t understand why I have such poor balance but never feel dizzy.

I’ve had symptoms for fourteen years. I still don’t have a diagnosis but have been a wheelchair user for a few years.

A couple of years ago I was talking to my twenty one year old daughter. I told her I never stopped, worked, did all of the DIY, gardening. I also did my Mum’s housework as she has a neuro disorder.

My daughter said “Mum I can’t remember you like that”. It really, hurt, it still does that she didn’t know the person I once was.

Jacqui

x

I know what you mean Jacqui. It hurts me that my youngest son will never remember me being able to walk well. All his brothers will but he’ll always remember me with the MonSter! Teresa xx

yes I totally agree with what Jake said, it happened this weekend, all my mates and hubbies where going to one of the other’s house for pie and peas and a race afternoon, yes they had done it then for me, and guess who couldn’t go, me, my hubby went for an hour, came home said they where all upset because I couldn’t go, and yes that’s nice that they missed me, but I said to my hubby it hurts like hell because I can’t always join in with these things anymore, anyway todays another day, and it could be worse, take care all, Jean x