I Don't Trust Anonymous Posts

hiya

i do love choc and the colour orange-eeek! my gran gives me a chocorange every christmas…

interesting thread tho…

I’m for posting using your username. I don’t want my real identity known but I like people to know that I am the person with a bee in my bonnet about some things (eg useless neuros), while also being completely relaxed about other things (eg the future). How does anyone know where you’re coming from if you always post anonymously?

My name is Kelly - I do have a Jelly Belly!!! 'Nuff said

JBK x

1 Like

Yep, I agree with Shazzie’s original intent. I’m not really Elmo! It’s nice to have a user name because you kind of build up a rapport with some users and an understanding with them. You can choose how much information to put on your profile so that people can guess at who you are and where you are from or leave it blank and just have the user name. Alternatively fill it up with false information to completely fool people! I also post anon on things that I find embarrassing or when I really don’t want to be recognised. The facility to post anon is there for a genuine reason but I hate to see it abused …

Tracey x

1 Like

Nice to see that people get what I meant. JBK. You make me laugh. chocorange, Elmo and Sewingchick. I’ve got this vision in my mind of you being a chicken who likes sewing. Hehehe.

xx

And to take a really different approach

I am …

Geoff

Hello Geoff, I am really Noreen

What happened, Noreen?

You did not change your avatar for weeks.

The real …

Geoff

1 Like

Are you a doctor though Geoff?? And Noreen. You have changed into a snowman!!!

Shazzie x

I’ve been waiting for the Christmas season Geoff. I’ve got lots and lots

Noreen xx

My name is not Paolo, nor is it Smythe. I am thus ‘anonymous’ in the world outside of these forums.

But it is a moniker i am happy to have referenced on all of my posts in here and if someone wishes to respond by naming this ‘badge’, there is a convenience to it.

Jen. You make a lovely polar bear, I’ve heard they are a bit vicious though lol. And Noreen, I dare you to change your avatar every day up til Xmas!! Or t least once week to keep us all on our toes. Think I might change mine now too. Don’t want to be known as a dog.

Very clever Paolo. I get what you are saying.

Shazzie x

You dare me Shazzie!! Never been one to refuse a challenge xx

Jen and Noreen. What have we started? I love your new avatars.

How do you find a picture that is the right size? I can’t work it out, Having a blonde moment.

xxx

Shazzie wrote:
"Are you a doctor though Geoff?? "

No, Shazzie, I’m a Doctor.

This got discussed a bit here some years ago. A Doctor has a Doctoral degree - and this requires some time spent doing research. Generally, medical people are doctors, some do some research along the way as they train and become Doctors. Then you get the silly things like surgeons being called Mr and not Doctor or doctor.

In Britain, you have to look at the letters after the name: a doctor who is an MB is still a doctor (with Doctor being a courtesy title, or perhaps a job description), but an MD is a Doctor as well as a doctor.

Germany does it much better in my view (and a Doktor is taken much, much, more seriously). So Heinz Heinz can be called:

• Herr Doktor H Heinz, artz - the last bit meaning a qualified medical person … or just
  • Herr H Heinz, artz
    so everyone there knows the score. Dentists would be “zahnartz”, and may or may not be Doktors as well.

And, for what it is worth, my Doctorate was gained by research in one aspect of human vision (but my wife and one daughter, are both well qualified nurses).

Now for some fun on the avatar front …

Geoff

Wow Geoff. Very interesting.

I was a senior med sec before I took ill health retirement so I am used to working with wacky docs. Not that you are one of course.

Shazzie x

Jen. Send me the link so I can chang my avatar. I am very jelous of Noreen, you and Geoff.

Noreen looks like your new avatar has had too many christmas sherries by the look of his colour hehehehe!!! I love it though. The best yet.

xxx

Why, thank you Shazzie. There’s more to come

Btw! yours is great. commented about it on another thread…this could get complicated

GEOFF!!! that is just teasing