Hi guys. Recently diagnosed here.

Hi & welcome Paul :slight_smile:

I’m 43, there’s a few of us similar in age here.

I didn’t really feel I could hide after my Dx, I had taken a “couple” of weeks off from my p/t job at a gym as I’d been struggling trying to carry on as normal… I realised I couldn’t go back so to end all the texts, emails & phonecalls, I told my nearest and dearest, then went public and stuck it on Facebook.

Sonia x

Thankyou everyone. I feel very humbled at the response on here. It definitely gives you a strength to know you have support and you have others you can support. Thankyou so much. And intrude away mate. I’m glad I’ve given you the courage to come forward. The more the merrier…or something like that. :wink:

Hi Paul - Flopsy. Welcome to the group, and well done for getting the courage together to post. It’s a really difficult thing to do. I’m 44 and got my diagnosis 6 months ago. I remember just before my dx reading the posts and lurking in the background, I came home in shock the day I got told I had PPMS, suspecting another type where I got treatment, and posting on here. They’ve given me so much support and helped me understand what’s happening to my poor broken body and I’ve managed to cope with this really well thanks to this group.

I wish you both well and don’t be afraid to ask for help or just come and rant, we all do it and life looks better afterwards, it even helps actually just sitting working out and trying to put it down in words in my experience. Good luck and remember that it’s still a case of “life’s what you make it”. I’ve found real quality of life with new hobbies that suit my new abilities.

Cath xx

You’re braver than me Sonia, I haven’t actually made it public on Facebook yet. My pride gets in the way far too often :frowning:

Dave I’m with you on that one. I don’t mind chatting on here but you wouldn’t see it anywhere on my profile on Facebook. My friends and family know but nobody else needs to. Well done Sonia on your bravery. x

It’s crazy how it makes you feel isn’t it? I’m hoping to move to Surrey soon, so I think I’ll tell them then. There are a couple of friends who know, but I think I just want people to remember me as the active, funny (or thinks he’s funny :wink: ) guy, I’ve been pretty housebound for most of the year so I don’t want people to see me how I am, it’s very strange behavour. Then again I do tend to care too much about what other people think of me. I know how harsh people can be

Where abouts in Surrey David? I’m heading over Camberley way tonight :slight_smile:

I don’t think I was brave necessarily, I was just finding it so tough to keep explaining little bits to different people. And the big question was “when will your classes be starting again?” I kind of had to tackle it head on to get it over and done with.

It ended up turning into a bit of an emotional outlet - MS certainly turns your emotions into a complicated beast!

Sad for you guys (David & Paul) that you found yourself here but glad you’ve joined our gang now you’ve found your was here :slight_smile:

Sonia x

It IS Camberley as it happens! Haha very small world! I’ll be honest I don’t see it as a sad thing. I wish I came here sooner because knowing I have the support of you guys and can give that support back has made me alot more positive.

Oh my word, small world indeed!

I taught polefit classes at Gold’s gym at the Atrium… they closed a couple of months after I left so the timing was actually quite good, in that I’d been paid in full etc.

I’m going for champagne & canapes in Yateley :wink: whilst my husband hits the big Tesco in Camberley.

Anyhoo, glad you made it here and you feel more positive for it :slight_smile:

Sonia x :slight_smile:

Well look at you, it’s nice to know some of us can live the dream :wink: haha

Well I have you guys to thank for the positivity, also my missus for putting me onto PMA and all that, but knowing there are people who know how you feel physically as well as mentally really does help

Hi Flopsy, love the name btw, just wanted to say hi and welcome to our little gang.

You have taken the first real step to acceptance, by coming here, so it gets easier now.

Take one day at a time, and be kind to yourself.

Pam x