Hi all from Spain!!

(The best Pimontón we can buy in the U.K. - might be breaking the rules a tiny bit, but I’m not saying where to buy it from!!)

We won’t forget sinking your Armada either.

We may be friends now, but back in the 16th/17th centuries, I don’t think so. Ever since Queen Mary I of England married Phillip II of Spain and allowed the Inquisition to come & burn people!! And as for fighting over who had which colonies in the America’s! (Colonies obviously all wrong, regardless of who ruled them, shouldn’t have been allowed!)

Sue x

1 Like

It’s fascinating to chat with you dear @Ssssue !!

My boyfriend just arrived from work (he works in Toledo) and I just copied your messagge to translate it on Google translator (jeje he laughed a lot reading it)

You are very intelligent!

So is it true that Spain still has leyenda negra in the rest of Europe ? (Black legend)

And yes colonies are bad… To keep laughing some people in Barcelona think they are a colony too jajaja… (Half of population) but it is because they are richer than other parts of Spain so they dont want to share it …(selfish)

In which part do you live of UK?

I live in the blue spot! Jaja

Very near to Toledo (It was the capital of Castile centuries ago, Juana La Loca (Joanna the crazy) the daughter of Catholic Kings was born there. (The Kings who paid Colombus travels)

The British King most famous for me of UK is Henry VIII! I studied his period at university… He was not a good husband, was he? LoL

Long live Columbus and the United States! lol

1 Like

Jajajaja In Spain is known as Cristóbal Colón!

Long Live to all of Us! :slight_smile: