Hello warriors

Hi there,

I’m Rachel, I’m 29, and I’m currently doing my masters in art psychotherapy.
I’ve had migraines for years but noticed for a week text looking fuzzy in feb, then last month I had a numb side of face twice for a week and a numb arm for a week.
Thought this all migraine related but told a gp and she got me in for a brain mri on Sunday.

Next thing I know on Monday morning, Gp is asking if I’ve heard or ms? Felt like someone dropped a wrecking ball on me. Got to the drs and we looked at the report, saying I have inflammation and ‘highly suspicious signs of ms’

So now I’m waiting to start the further investigations but all I want to hear is that inflammation is something else, just because they’ve said highly suspicious does it mean it’s going to be ms?!

Trying to get to terms with this information and looking for those with experience doing this part?!

I am sorry that this shock has landed on you. There isn’t anything nice about the moment it dawns on one that MS is a possibility. I certainly remember that moment in my own life.

If it turns out to be something different for you or nothing at all, it will slip into the past. If MS is what it turns out to be, you will find a way to deal with it as we all do. But it’s not fun being where you are now, and I really feel for you.

3 Likes

Thank you Alison,
Means a lot to read those words. I’m just in shock. Hope you have a good weekend and are extra kind to yourself.

1 Like