Hello and best wishes to everyone!

Hi I’m recently diagnosed with Secondary Progressive MS after a long time waiting (for the diagnosis, not to get MS!!). I paid to go private and glad I did after several years going round in circles with my NHS consultant. My first glimmers of symptoms were in 1991 with optical neuritis when I didn’t even realise I had MS, then nothing till 2018 when it all started. Anyway, wishing everyone here all the best for the future as I adapt to my new normal whatever that is…

3 Likes

Hi @WheresWally

Wow, that really is a long wait, that must have been frustrating. How are you feeling now after finally receiving a diagnosis?
It can be a bit overwhelming, and whilst I can’t say I understand exactly how you feel (as I have RRMS) I am here if you ever want to vent, and will try and answer any questions you might have… or just for a general chat.

Em

1 Like

Hi @WheresWally,
Wow a long journey to get to this point. Nice to have you on board, just wanted to say hello for now. I am sure you will get, from the posts I have read so far, lots of support. Yes wishing you the best too, take care.

1 Like

Hello, @WheresWally, welcome! :slight_smile:

So sorry to hear of your experience and journey to diagnosis, that’s such a long time! Sadly, when there are so many symptoms that overlap with other conditions, it makes a diagnosis difficult. It’s taken a while for me to get a RRMS diagnosis which happened recently. Like you, I’m trying to figure out my new normal, and I’m waiting to see if the DMT will work etc. Take care. :slight_smile:

1 Like