Greetings from a new member

Hello from me too.

I gave the cream cakes a miss yesterday but seeing as the drinks trolley is out I will have a red wine please…in fact as I missed out on the cakes I think it only fair that I have 2!!!

Welcome aboard HMS MS thats the reason for us all rolling about…not the wine…honest.

Pip

[quote=“Mikep”] Hi Allen A very warm welcome to you. You will see we are all one big family here. Take it easy Mike [/quote] a disfunctual family but its all the same lol welcome im james rrms same as you and have far too much time to spend on this forum. Not that its a bad place to waiste time.

Thank you Ladies and Gents

Pip, so that will be 2 bottles of red wine lol …think I best be heading out for the Offy again and restock!

James, that is great news, I would feel uncomfortable in a “normal straight laced” family but will fit right in to a lovely dysfunctional family especially as I am the proverbial black sheep in mine lol.

Gerry, great to hear and nice to meet you.

Out of curiousity are you still receiving requests for cream cakes?..sorry coming up to lunch time…

Apologies for not reponding to everyone on an individual basis.

Allen

x

Hello! What a huge amount of lovely welcomes you got! it is a real family like forum and I have had so much help and support on my long winded journey to get a diagnosis.

Im still on that road, so am interested to know what previous diagnoses youve had.

Maybe we could compare notes, eh?

luv Pollx

Can’t think of a better way to waste time-it never has been with friends Mike

Hi Allen,

Break in the tennis - time to catch up.

Sorry about your diagnosis - most us have been through it. Glad you joined the forums - as you said, it is

good therapy and makes you realise that you aren’t alone. There seem to be quite a few newbies recently

so you’re not alone being new.

Keep well, Jen x

PS just had a cream slice and currently drinking a glass of white wine.

Hi Allen and welcome, a lot of us have been there with the drunk thing, I combat it by drinking lots of wine, just so as I don’t turn school gate mums into hypocritical, gossiping liars! That just wouldn’t do! Chis x

That’s funny. I threatened to dress up as Patsy from Ab Fab and stagger through the gates with a bottle of bolli in my hand.

Well I have had a day from hell today so in the immortel words of Father Jack (off Father Ted)…

DRINK

Good evening all, I’m overwhelmed with the wonderful greetings and responses from you all. My ego and self esteem are growing quicker than the national deficit :slight_smile: Tab, no problem with the beers, I have given up on the offy and gone for Supermarket deliveries instead…bit tiring all these trips to replenish the stocks…lol Chis, that sounds like perfect logic to me! Lol @ Father Jack, what a great role model to aspire to :slight_smile: …I’m a fan! Mike, I agree, I like to think of it as being productive with the time that I would otherwise use looking at my eyelids from the inside :wink: Jen, All this talk of cream slices is making me think a mid-night raid on my local bakers could be in order… I wonder my Missus would accept that mission…Hmmm don’t think I can print the response she just gave me! Allen x Jen, I hope

[quote=“Ambrosia”] Good evening all, I’m overwhelmed with the wonderful greetings and responses from you all. My ego and self esteem are growing quicker than the national deficit :slight_smile: Tab, no problem with the beers, I have given up on the offy and gone for Supermarket deliveries instead…bit tiring all these trips to replenish the stocks…lol Chis, that sounds like perfect logic to me! Lol @ Father Jack, what a great role model to aspire to :slight_smile: …I’m a fan! Mike, I agree, I like to think of it as being productive with the time that I would otherwise use looking at my eyelids from the inside :wink: Jen, All this talk of cream slices is making me think a mid-night raid on my local bakers could be in order… I wonder my Missus would accept that mission…Hmmm don’t think I can print the response she just gave me! Allen x Jen, I hope [/quote] Sorry Jen, the last line after sign off was a copy/paste error with silly IPad or silly me!

Hi Allen and welcome. Have been coming and going from this site for years but hopefully here to stay now. Even longer story for me -just celebrated 50 years of MS (25 un-dx) but greatly relieved when finally told had not been a life-long hypochondriac after all. Good to meet you and all the others. :o)

[quote=“MS43”]

Hello! What a huge amount of lovely welcomes you got! it is a real family like forum and I have had so much help and support on my long winded journey to get a diagnosis.

Im still on that road, so am interested to know what previous diagnoses youve had.

Maybe we could compare notes, eh?

luv Pollx

[/quote] Hiya Poll, fantastic welcomes, human kindness never fails to blow me away :slight_smile: I would like that, some excerpts from numerous GP’s over the years - at age 12 GP stated “suffers from Stress related Illnesses” Age 18 = “physical break down” Age 20 = “Dyslimia” Age 26 = “mild stroke” Age 30 and one of my favourites due to its ludicrous nature and previous history with neurology " your obese" I am 6ft and weighed 11 stone at the time…I got up laughing at the GP and did not return for 2 years until things started getting out of my control. Allen x

[quote=“belindaR”]

Hi Allen and welcome. Have been coming and going from this site for years but hopefully here to stay now. Even longer story for me -just celebrated 50 years of MS (25 un-dx) but greatly relieved when finally told had not been a life-long hypochondriac after all. Good to meet you and all the others. :o)

[/quote] Hi Belinda, Thank you & it’s very nice to meet you too. It was also a major relief to be told that there are reasons for my see-saw health and that I am not going nuts and “imagining” the varied range of symptoms…self doubt is a horrible thing but when the professionals finally convince you “it’s all in the head” that cycle is very hard to get out of. Take care Allen x