Gilenya - how quickly can I expect to feel a difference?

Hello, I started Gilenya on Thursday, after nine years on Rebif, and I just wanted to know when I could expect to feel it working? I know it took around three months with Rebif. Experiences welcome :slight_smile:

Anyone?

Hello

I started Gilenya on 17 May after more than a year on Rebif during which time I had 2 relapses.

I definitely don’t feel any worse and I’ve had no side effects at all. It may be just wishful thinking but my weak left leg seems to be a bit stronger since starting Gilenya. I don’t know whether this would have happened anyway or whether the Gilenya is having a beneficial effect as some have reported. It certainly beats Rebif! I’m due to have another MRI after 6 months.

I’ll post six monthly updates on here. I’d be interested to hear how you get on.

Good luck!

JZ

Thank you JZ. I’m hearing between one week and six months. LOL! Don’t really feel any different as yet. For me, Rebif was great and made everything better, not just my relapses (didn’t have that many anyway and they have always been sensory) I could function, carry on working, get out and do stuff, exercise and the main thing it helped me with was my fatigue which had been crippling. I know it’s not supposed to but it did! I guess I’m just hoping for the same kind of effect from Gilenya. Fingers crossed. Nothing has been said about me having a new MRI. Had one earlier this year which was the first since diagnosis. I was doing so well on Rebif, I guess it was a case of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. Look forward to seeing your updates :slight_smile:

Thank you JZ. I’m hearing between one week and six months. LOL! Don’t really feel any different as yet. For me, Rebif was great and made everything better, not just my relapses (didn’t have that many anyway and they have always been sensory) I could function, carry on working, get out and do stuff, exercise and the main thing it helped me with was my fatigue which had been crippling. I know it’s not supposed to but it did! I guess I’m just hoping for the same kind of effect from Gilenya. Fingers crossed. Nothing has been said about me having a new MRI. Had one earlier this year which was the first since diagnosis. I was doing so well on Rebif, I guess it was a case of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. Look forward to seeing your updates :slight_smile:

Did not mean to reply six times :o

I had first dose yesterday and all was fine. I’m just hoping it keeps the relapses at bay - that would suit me very well. I am super thirsty - don’t know if that is a side effect or the effect of sitting in a very hot hospital all day wired to a heart monitor! Anyway, so far, so good.