Gabapentin

Hi everyone,

I’ve just been prescribed gabapentin, starting on a low dose 100mg x3 day for parathesis (pins&needles) in my legs and feet.

Just wondering about anyone elses experiences on this drug and has it helped etc.?

Thanks

Ash x

• paresthesia , sorry

I was on this for a few years. Bit of head fog at first but not for long x

I have it for back pain, not MS related, and I have found it an amazing drug. It also helps me sleep at night. My daughter who is currently in hospital has been on it also for back pain, but at the moment has pins and needles and pain in her legs has had it uped a lot and she has found it to help too.

I have it for back pain, not MS related, and I have found it an amazing drug. It also helps me sleep at night. My daughter who is currently in hospital has been on it also for back pain, but at the moment has pins and needles and pain in her legs has had it uped a lot and she has found it to help too.

Hi

originally on pregabalin lyrica but put on lots of weight, changed to gabapentin no weight gain helps pins and needles and bonus seems to decrease mad sweating and sleep better WIN WIN so worth a try

best wishes

noms

Hi,

I started gabapentin weeks ago. I started on 100 mg once a day, then a few days later I took it twice a day, then a few days after that, three times a day.

A few hours after my very first tablet I felt groggy, dizzy, and a bit ‘high’… it was very unpleasant, but improved quite quickly, although I continued to feel a little fuzzy / off kilter or the first few days. That has now passed, and I have had no problems since then, other than a very slightly dry mouth. I have been monitoring my weight carefully as I was concerned about weight gain, but although it is probably too soon to be sure (it has only been 3 weeks), so far I have not gained any weight.

I also seem to be sleeping better than usual (added bonus!)

It hasnt done much for pain / pins & needles yet, but I have been told I ned to continue to increase the dose : /

Overall, my experience so far has been that my body has adjusted quite well to it, very few side effects at all. Everyone responds differently, I hope it works out for you x

Hi, how are you doing on pregablin now?

This is my 3rd week and I am up to 100mg a day. The nerve pain in my heels is less.

GP says we are aiming at 150mg a day. I think many others here take much more.

pollx

I’ve been on Gabapentine since February for muscle stiffness and neuropathic pain, and it works fine for me. I can tell the difference when the last dose is wearing off and then the difference it makes when the next dose kicks in.

I was originally on Baclofen for muscle stiffness, but that didn’t seem to make any difference.

The only side effect I have with it is headache, but it’s not everytime I take it. I take 2 paracetamol when it feels like it’s a thumping headache and I find it hard to concentrate.

Hope it works out for you.