Fed up with the diagnosis process

I’ve being having various health issues for many years. I now have been diagnosed with psoraisis, psoriatic arthritis, fibromyalgia and under active thyroid. In April last year I went completely numb down my left leg. My doc referred me to a neurologist (nhs). I had a brain scan that showed multiple lesions. I was then sent for a lumbar puncture which I had the results for today and it showed the bands. However even with two positive tests my neurologist won’t diagnose me with ms until I have another brain scan in April to compare with my last scan. I feel I’m missing out on having the necessary medication to stop this progressing. Sorry to moan but I’ve had enough of this to-ing and fro-ing to the hospital.

Sorry its taking so long hun x I dont know why they wont diagnose you with those results. I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis in April last year (small amount of psoriasis in hair i didnt know about) and i too have an underactive thyroid. I am awaiting an mri next week on my spine and sacroilic joints and pelvis. This is to check for inflammatory as i have been having awful back pain for a long time.

Eeee love! I know how frustrating it is trying to get a diagnosis. Been on that journey meself!

But you have got results and April isnt really that far away in long run, as getting the right meds could take time in itself. Therefore, I doubt there would be any serious decline in your condition.

But, as i said before, I know how maddening it is.

Hang in there, and you`ll get what you need, hopefully.

luv Pollx

Hi all, so glad to have found this site and forum, like you Vivster I too have had various problems for several years! In the last 18 months - 2 years what were just niggly aches and pains have become alot worse, in particular I have had pain, burning and weakness down my right leg and arm and problems with memory and concentration especially with numbers or calculations and seem to have lost some vocabulary and spelling. I have been diagnosed with other autoimmune diseases such as hypothyroidism and coeliac disease within the same time period but still dont have all the answers. I went to see my GP just the other day to specifically request that he refer me to a neurologist and although he agreed to do so I left his surgery doubting myself and my own symptoms! Its reassuring to know that I am not the only one experiencing difficulty in getting people to listen or take you seriously, I was begining to wonder if going to see a neurologist was he right thing after all.