Fatigue - does it ever get any better

Sam - you are so right - a diet high in protein - and fat but low in carbs will help with fatigue. Carbs / bread etc will sap your energy. Get some mixed nuts -almonds/brazils/walnuts/peanuts/cashews/and mixed seeds and keep in a tub handy so that you can dip into them during the day. Good for the bowels.

l have a pot of nuts in front of me now - and l am trying not to eat any as l am just about to leave for the dentists - and l have super-cleaned by gnashers!!

Morning all,

what’s LDN?

youve all made me hungry so going to have some muesli (with nuts) just to perk me up, honest.

Hi Linda

Fatigue has been a major problem for me in the last two years - can sleep on a washing line. My experience has been that exercise has enabled me to manage my fatigue much better. I signed on to the local council gym and they wrote me a programme which I have tweaked but it has really helped. I am not mobile - use a scooter and sticks for short distances but the exercise has really helped. Feel more energised and less dragged down by the fatigue.

It has also given me a focus for the week - met lots of people at the gym too - council run gyms are geared up for those with health problems so it isn’t so daunting.

Interested to read people’s experiences of baclofen as I have been offered it but turned it down so far.

Hope you find some answers and something that works for you

Helen