Faking it

You’re just feeling brave squiffy because your wife is away lol :slight_smile:

No at least not to my face I dare say a few thought I was in the early days

Don

[quote=“Val”] [quote=zetland]

if we’re feeling fine and we say we’re feeing unwell we’re ‘faking it’

if we’re feeling unwell and we say we’re feeling fine surely we’re ‘faking it?’

[/quote] No. Pretending to be unwell is one thing, but saying you’re fine when you feel unwell could be because you don’t want to explain for whatever reason, or because you don’t want to go into detail to the person…it is polite when meeting someone to ask how they are, but it doesn’t mean you want a full blown explanation of their ailments, particularly something like MS. I usually say I feel fine when I don’t but I don’t think that means I’m faking being well. Do you?[/quote]

If asked how I am I always say ‘i’m fine’ because, as you say, I don’t want to go into details about my aches and pains. I guess the difference is a fit person can fake having physical problems. For instance could put on a convincing limp but someone with a ‘real’ limp couldn’t suddenly not limp.

As I mentioned in an earlier post a friend with m.s. when in remission his mother tells people that … hasn’t got the m.s. at the moment.

Blossom, your getting to know me so well, just like all my friends think they do. !!! Lol

I’m faking it, (my life) it’s just a new game to play, without a screen or remot control, everyday brings a new adventure, & as long as I keep using alternative med, it will be fun,