ESA!

I have been receiving ESA and have had my medical so I am on the higher rate but I have been put on a return to work placement. Neither my Neurologist nor my MS Nurse think I am fit enough for work but they listen to a random doctor who spent twenty minutes with me and knew nothing about me or the fact I have RRMS. What am I supposed to do!!! At a meeting about getting work the other day I found out if I don’t go to interviews or apply for jobs my ESA will be stopped! I don’t know what to do :frowning: A very sad and stressed Becca (after all this my symptoms went crazy :cry: )

Apply for jobs. Make sure you keep copies of all jobs you apply for and applications sent. Make it plain on the forms that you have MS and how it affects you. Even if you are best qualified for a job it is likely than any interview panel will find a way round employing you. Alternatively apply for a job with the council. They will interview you and possible even employ you - but even they have limits to the amount of sick leave they will tolerate. Liz

Is there some kind of appeal process? There must be. Wise people here please help our Liz! Clarexxx

There is an appeal process. I think you have to get the forms from job centre plus within a month. I am as confused by this as most people but you should get some decent info at http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/Illorinjured/DG_188859 Liz

Rebecca2501 wrote:

I have been receiving ESA and have had my medical so I am on the higher rate but I have been put on a return to work placement. Neither my Neurologist nor my MS Nurse think I am fit enough for work but they listen to a random doctor who spent twenty minutes with me and knew nothing about me or the fact I have RRMS. What am I supposed to do!!! At a meeting about getting work the other day I found out if I don’t go to interviews or apply for jobs my ESA will be stopped! I don’t know what to do :frowning: A very sad and stressed Becca (after all this my symptoms went crazy :cry: )

Take a look at www,worksandbenefits.co.uk They have some really food info and advice, its about £20 to join but they will tell you just what you can do, they have told people how to fill the ESA forms in and they tell you how to avoid all the pitfalls, simple things ike not going to a medical on a bus,because they judge you on that, and also watching TV if you can sit and watch a soap, you could sit at a supermarket till and do a job there,they are so cunning in every thing they ask you, i havent got the dreaded forms YET, but as soon as i do, i am joining the site. Good luck with it all. jaki xx

sorry should be www. and also GOOD advice i typed food advice lol, silly me.

There is some free basic advice on the Good Advice matters web site link below http://tinyurl.com/63vp9ys and if you scroll down to the bottom of the page on the web site you can download a GL24 appeal form They also have a contact us link where you can get more help V