Displaying symptoms

Thinking that I could possibly have MS. I have been displaying symptoms this past year, as follows:

Dec 2022: pins and needles in hands and feet, dull pain in fingers and toes, some mild shooting shock pains going up my legs, eye floaters. Symptoms lasted around 6 weeks.

(Blood tests showed very low iron and B12 - meds prescribed)

Apr 2023: symptoms return, bloods still very low in iron. Symptoms last again around 6 weeks.

June 2023: eyefloters return, eye check shows nothing, possible eye fatigue and new prescription.

Aug 2023: this episode panicked me the most, muscle jerking, nystagmus, eye floaters, some speech disturbance, numbness in upper arms, weird constant tight tingling feeling in lower legs, some hand weakness.

Nov 2023: head jerking

Dec 2023: pins and needles in hands and feet, finger and toe dull pains, nystagmus.

Iron still cery low, will likely take a year of prescribed iron.

First GP was empathetic and stated going down the neurology route. Second GP states it is iron related and could only do a low priority referal which has a 2 year waiting list.

Luckily could book a private neurologist for end of Jan 24.

Hoping for an MRI, but NHS is not in a good place.

Not sure what I am expecting here but needed to share for my sanity.

Hello @tracies
I believe some multiple sclerosis and low iron symptoms may overlap.
It’s probably best to take a wait and see approach.
A diagnosis of MS can definitely take quite a long time, it’s a long windy road; it took about a year for me to get dx back in my teens 20+ odd years ago --certainly longer with today’s NHS unfortunately.
Hope your current symptoms get better in the mean time, best regards.
JP

I heard it can be a long road to get a MRI. I was in hospital for a month after having issues to walk and even stand. They hospital refused to do an MRI but after the CT came back normal it was deemed necessary. After that the really nice neurologist gave me the diagnosis of MS. Guess when you are taking up a bed they try to get you out as quick as possible.

Are eye floaters linked to MS?