COVID vaccine reaction

Hello everyone, I’ve just come out of hospital after a month. 4 days after my second vaccine I had an emergency op because of a large blood clot in my bowel. I’ve ended up with an ileostomy and urinary catheter both permanent. Not coping with either of them well and my ms has gone haywire. I’ve recently been told that they don’t give the Oxford vaccine to people with ms in America. Has anyone got any information.?

Would also love to hear from others with stoma or catheter
Cal

So sorry to hear that you have gone through all this.Was it the vaccine that caused the clot?Sorry i cant be of any help as i know nothing about your situation. Im sure someone will be along to help regards the ileostomy. Hope you start to feel better with your situation.

Hello Cal
What rotten luck. You have my sincere sympathy. I had the Pfizer vaccine so have no experience of the AV.

I do have a stoma though. If you search for the thread titled My colostomy, you’ll find my experience.

Obviously time is long past since then (4 years) so I’ve had more experience, more problems, found some solutions. If there’s anything I can help with I’d be glad to. Of course ileostomy is a bit different to colostomy, but there are many similarities.

Best of luck.

Sue

Hi Cal I was so sorry to hear about your bad reaction to the Oxford vaccine. I had some nasty reactions to my first AZ vaccination including a fast pulse rate. Over time this has not righted itself and I have just had an ECG which has confirmed I still have a problem that needs investigating.

My MS has also deteriorated and I am waiting for a mri.

Do you have a local bowel/bladder clinic that can advise?

AZ is still in trail in USA.
AZ trial

The vaccine was well tolerated, and the independent data safety monitoring board (DSMB) identified no safety concerns related to the vaccine. The DSMB conducted a specific review of thrombotic events, as well as cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST) with the assistance of an independent neurologist. The DSMB found no increased risk of thrombosis or events characterised by thrombosis among the 21,583 participants receiving at least one dose of the vaccine. The specific search for CVST found no events in this trial.

Ann Falsey, Professor of Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine, US, and co-lead Principal Investigator for the trial, said: “These findings reconfirm previous results observed in AZD1222 trials across all adult populations but it’s exciting to see similar efficacy results in people over 65 for the first time. This analysis validates the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine as a much-needed additional vaccination option, offering confidence that adults of all ages can benefit from protection against the virus.”

ALSO : In the 513 284 patients with a covid-19 diagnosis the incidence of cerebral venous thrombosis was 39.0 per million people (95% confidence interval 25.2 to 60.2 million), and in the 489 871 patients who had received covid-19 vaccination the incidence was 4.1 per million (1.1 to 14.9 million) (adjusted relative risk 6.36, P<0.001). Vaccinated patients received an mRNA vaccine, either the Pfizer-BioNTech one or Moderna’s.

None of the patients received the AstraZeneca-University of Oxford vaccine, which has been linked to cases of rare cerebral blood clots, causing some governments and regulators to restrict its use,2 because that vaccine has not yet been authorised for use in the US.

The point is having covid 19 can also cause thrombosis and in usa pfizer is also responsbile for blood clots.

However, the risk of a normal blood clot before all this was higher.

with millions having had the vaccine the risk is minimal but the chance of dying from covid was way more. AZ decided it was better to offer younger under 45 other vaccine but doesnt mean they wont have clots. I am assuming that under 45 more people are on the pill and under 50 on HRT which increased blood clots too.

As to Ileostomy gosh some years back our best friend in the forces had to have one temporary when he had bowel cancer. I do know it was removed and he has had no issues over the years afterwards (touch wood).

It must have been very scary for you, but are you saying having had the AZ it was proven the clot was down to the vaccine, or was it just an assumption?

I hope you continue to recover. AZ has not been passed by USA as they have their own vaccinations in production, and more pending. But the trails for the vaccine have shown very good results and the thrombo is no higher then pfizer. If one goes on the american equivelent to our database where you report side effects of drugs it is quite apparant pfizer has had similar issues.

also in norway they are directly saying the pfizer caused the death of 10 patients in a care home it has now been proven, but that was out of 100, and all were frail.

xxxx I have had my second vaccine of AZ no issues. millions the same. xxx

NONE of the jabs have been approved. They’ve rushed them through bypassing the animal trials, and gone to you being the guinea pig. Hopefully the humans will fair better than the ferrets they experimented on years ago, they didn’t make it. Any of them. The idea is to reduce population, starting with the double tapped. Wait until Autumn, that’s when the real fun will start, and Boris will lock us down again…

Thank you for info, I was advised to name my stoma, so I’ve called him boris, on the grounds he spouts out a lot of c**p too! X

2 Likes

Thank you for such an informative reply. 2 consultants and my gp thinks it was related to vaccine but being honest, even if I had been told there was a tiny risk, I’d have still had it as COVID is so much riskier. Every day I feel a bit stronger and that’s what’s important x

Thank you. The doctors think that it perhaps was because of vaccine, but even though there was a small risk I think I’d still have had the vaccines as the chance of dying with COVID are far higher. X

actually not true. the AZ was already there and used successfully before. all they had to do was wait to find out what the new virus was and add that bit which is all they did. I dont beleive conspiracy theories. A lot of these were ready on shelves in the main, as they the scientists new darn well we would be hit with a new pandemic at one stage.

take 2002 and 2004 no consipirary theory there then? same virus SARS, killed a lot of people around the world, very quickly. 1 IN 10 DIED.

People panicked at the time as it was deadly which it is now. I think the biggest mistake the WHO made was calling it CORONA. it sounded like a beer or fizzy drink. they knew it was SARS2 again.

china already had vaccines for SARS, but they were not deemed successful so shelved. so when we were hit in 2019 with SARS the labs like AZ etc knew what it was and started to get ready. Behind the scenes there is always stuff going on with scientists.

I read facts not fiction. I have done a six week course on SARS with The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and have a certificate to prove it. what have you done @Carraboy?

1 Like

I’m new to the site and just wanted to say aim sorry this happened to you. Bad enough to go through a reaction , but now a long term health issue to manage.I hope you find all the support you need, and better days for you my dear.
Love
Coco

Thank you for your self important, patronising reply. Not mates with Whammel by any chance?
I bow down to your certificate… :joy:
I suppose it was bat soup that started this wave too…?

So, what about hydrochloxychloroquine or ivermectin that cure covid without making Dr Fauci $9 million ? (Yes, I know he banned the first…the answer to why is in the question) :kissing_heart:

LOL your entertaining and yes i am patronising you. because I dont do conspiracy theorists who sadly do cause damage to the vulnerable. GET the facts and put up facts not I BELIEVE MY EYES lol.

2 Likes

I think what has happened now to my wife who has had MS for 20 years ,she is 66y old, is relevant to this topic.
Up to April 2021 could only walk 50 metres. Mentally she was fine, UNTIL 7th. April 2021 when she received her first COVID-19 vaccine - Astra Zeneca… 8 weeks later began her downhill spiral - her Neurologist cannot determine if the COVID vaccine was a trigger, BUT
she has been stable with her MS condition for years,
Early June 2021 she got- slurred speech, blurred vision, dizzy, loss of taste, She was admitted to hospital for a 3 day course of steroids.
On July 20th. 2021 second COVID-19 vaccine - now loss of appetite, not thinking normal ,confusion, back to hospital and found a duodenal ulcer which was treated then a week of rehab. In hospital. August - still dizzy, slurred speech, vague, no taste, falls asleep watching tv, all symptoms continue, becoming weak difficult getting dressed.
9th September to hospital by ambulance, cannot stand up, not eating etc.diagnosed with UTI infection another course of antibiotics for 10 days.
Today still in rehab,hospital and seriously worse - very confused, can only walk a few steps with 2 nurses and large walking frame, needs help to get to bathroom, cannot write, talks nonsense ,does not read nor watch tv, does nothing all day but sits in a chair. Ct scans, mri’s show no more lesions.
Surely it’s more than a coincidence that her severe decline this year has only occurred since receiving the two COVID vaccines.
. Of course her Neurologist cannot confirm or not whether the vaccines have affected her.

Hello Kennel

How very sad. I do feel for you and your wife.

I suppose in a way it’s irrelevant now what caused the severe decline, whether it was vaccines or just MS. The trouble is, she is now where she is. Although saying that, you must be furious at the vaccine program - just in case it was that.

MS is a demon for ruining our health willy nilly. The fact is that while your wife may have had a bad reaction to the AZ vaccine, without her having MS it’s unlikely she’d have such severe effects. (I believe!)

I hope the rehab unit can work some miracles for her and there’s some recovery.

Sue

How sad. BUT can i tell you something similar happened to me, but BEFORE the vaccine but not before covid? I have had MS since 2000. I was determined to get fit when i moved to sheltered bungalow so started to walk and push myself more and more. upshot i ended up in hospital with a suspected stroke. I woke up couldnt sit up or get to commode i was not coherant but managed to press my watch alarm, and my daughter came. I just babbled i was hardly able to sit up. ambulance came high blood pressure, but low heart rate ended up in cardiac ward. 3 days lots of tests DIAGNOSIS. my MS i had pushed myself too much. TREATMENT rest.

It took several weeks to get back to being me again.

Confusion can be down to a UTI so i have always checked my own urine because of this. but i didnt have a UTI that time.

2 months after the vaccine i am not sure if it was that, as the auto immune system in your wifes body would have dealt with it all by then. If it was a reaction I would have expected it in 10 days perhaps. Maybe it was just a coincidence.

Whatever it is or was she is in the right place to get better and I hope she continues to do so. Sometimes you dont have to have new lesions to have worsening symptoms. MS is an anomaly, it has its own mind. Just when you think its safe to go into the water… Also on another point covid stressed people a lot she may well have reacted to stress as an MS trigger and suddenly had a relapse. It could have been there quietly waiting for a trigger.

I truly hope she gets on the mend and you two can be together again. xx