constipation

What painkillers are you using? I get constipated if I take lots of painkiller Zapain is worse my GP did me a script for paracetomol to take most of the time and Zapain when bad. Saying that I soiled myself today so its no the complete answer.

Don

There is no good solution to bladder and bowel issues.

I had my catheter + botox done about 18 months ago. It took a couple weeks to settle down. I occasionally get little pains in my left side which I think are constipation but as I can no longer turn to lie on my side, I can’t experience what you do.

I have problems when my catheter blocks and believe me, you will know if that happens - the discomfort is considerable and the district nurses have to come and sort me out.

However, compared to getting up 20 times a night, the catheter is a good solution. As my mobility has decreased, I’d never be able to get to the toilet on time.

At the start, I frequently forgot to make sure the valve was switched closed and of course urine wet me frequently. You’d think such a simple thing would register but it took a while.

Dorf

Hi Dorf

Thank you for your reply I just have to settle down and accept it maybe I should have been given more time.

Thanks again