Commisulations are in order

Saw the neuro this morning for results of latest MRI. There are more lesions on my brain, the original lesions on my brain also appear to have grown larger. They scanned my spine too and there are spinal lesions as well.

So, I was given a formal diagnosis of RRMS. I think I’m shock really. I feel ok, a little stunned.

He asked me if I had any questions and I asked him a couple of things. Other than that he has sent me on my way to have a little think about DMDs and to do some research.

I don’t know. I think I had it in my head that he would give me a leaflet or a certificate or something, haha. Instead, I don’t really have anything. Seeing him again in 3 months. That will give me some time to get my head around things and to start perusing the DMD choices.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think that the neuro has treated me badly or unfairly, I just was surprised that this huge bombshell is just delivered and then…nothing really.

Anyway, he was very nice, said I could call any time and has given me the details of the MS nurse should I want to talk to her.

No real symptoms at the moment apart from the usual sensory weirdness and fatigue.

So. Here I am, and I have MS

PG xx

Hi Pandagal,

I’m so sorry you’ve had this news - Friday the 13th, huh?!! You must be reeling from hearng it - but the waiting is over now, and in some ways that’s actally good - you can start your DMDs soon, and you’ll get lots of support. But it’s a shock to the system to hear it.

I’m sending you lots of cyber hugs and I hope they help a tiny bit.

Take care

V

Sorry that you have joined the club, pandagal. It is a bad moment when things stop being a theoretical possibility and become fact.

Hang on in there.

Alison

Sorry to hear you have joined the club, I guess you are reeling. I was reeling after I was dx, even though I’d been expecting it. I wasn’t given any written information by my consultant but my husband and I spotted a stand of MS Society publications on the way out and picked up several. They can be downloaded from the website; look under the Support tab.

Give yourself space to digest the news, if you need to hole up and ignore the world for a few days while you come to terms with this news, do so. If you feel ok to carry on as normal, do so. There is no right or wrong reaction; mine has been bits of both.

Take care.

At least now you know you can get on with your life, it isn’t nice to be diagnosed but it’s good to have a name for the things you are suffering. You have time to get your head round it, make an appointment with your nurse she will give you any info you need. It’s good you have been offered DMD’s you are lucky to have that choice, take your time there’s no hurry. Best wishes Jan

What a day for you… hopefully the shock or the reality, of what has been said to you has settled you will be able to get the help you need to keep your symptoms at bay. I would of thought too that you would be given some information but like ms there is no golden standard. Hopefully your ms nurse will be able to reassure you and give you the information you need to cope with the diagnosis. Keep posting and let us know how you get on. Lou x

Hi PG, of course I am sorry to hear you have been Dxed with MS, but. I am also pleased you now have answers. Now you know what your enemy is, you can plough all of your resources into learning about it, and seeking ways to help you deal with it/ minimise symptoms. Keep us up to date, Leah x

Sorry to hear it. Big hugs hunni. At least you have a diagnosis now and know what you’re dealing with, but at the same time, I’m sorry that it’s MS. Spoil yourself if you can, you deserve it and we are all here for youxxxxxxxx

Commisulations indeed (seems my phrase caught on!) Big {hugs} Pandagal. I hope that you get all the support that you need. Of course, the folk on here are lovely and will be virtually with you through it. Xxx

Sorry you have been dx with MS, PG, but pleased you seem to have a pretty good Neuro and access to a MS Nurse straight away, which is good to know.

Be kind to yourself and do whatever you have to do to sort your head out. However much you wanted to know what was going on, it must still be a shock.

Hugs xxxxx

Sorry to hear the news, am sending you a virtual hug. I’m not sure it helps right now but I’m sure having the answer to what’s been going on will mean you’ll be able to move forward, good luck xx

Thank you all so much for your very kind messages. The kindness and support on this forum never fails to overwhelm me. Just relaxing this weekend and have eaten lots of chocolate. Thank you again xxx