Clinically Isolated Syndrome - Symptoms won't go away!

Hi Leili

I’m sorry to hear about your sister.

Not everyone with CIS goes onto develop MS. There is also every chance she will recover from the CIS and be able to perform aerobic Yoga so don’t lose hope.

Hi Humbug! Thanks for your post. I am here to apologize.The classic or traditional Yoga is right.Please dont get wrong data.I typed it wrong. They suggest exploring traditional Yoga with its meditative component rather than the trendy types like hot yoga or highly aerobic yoga styles.

Hi

I am new to this forum

Hello everyone

My story so far… 9th Jan when it all started constant pressure in my head and tinnitus, this went on for about 2 weeks before I decided to go my GP, long story short, referred straight to Neurology, CT and MRI suggestive of MS with multiple lesions in my brain and spine, Lumbar puncture confirmed MS , however they diagnosed me with CIS as they thought this was my first attack, (alongside the initial symptoms, I had been getting crawling under skin, severe itching, memory loss and numbness in left hand and foot. During consultation with my MS nurse they wanted to delve deeper with regards to a ? first attack about 12 years ago where I I had a tick bite and woke up with parathesia, this lasted a couple of weeks and they thought at the time I had lyme disease. My Neurologist last week had a look at my blood results and I am Neg to the Lyme disease and he said I have never had it so he has diagnosed me with RRMS, this is now been treated with DMD’s injection form

However my initial present complaint (pressure and tinnitus ) is still worsening and appears to be overlooked so my neurlogist sent me for urgent CT angiogram to rule out fistula, which thankfully it is not.

I spoke with my Neurologist yesterday who has no idea what this pressure and tinnitus is and is as baffles as I am, I am now prescribed an elephant’s dose of steroids and and Pregabalin and Tegretol

My question is to you all is do any of you also suffer with constant tinnitus and pressure in the head due to your MS

Look forward to your replies

Apologies for the long winded post

Gullsnest xx

Hi guys! Iv just been recently diagnosed with CIS and im trying to come to terms with the news. Iv been told i have a 50% of getting MS because i had the protien in my spinal fluid but no evidence of any previous episodes. Im 28 and looking to find people who have gone or going through this as i feel alone. I have transverse myelitis and my symptoms were numbness, pins and needles with hypersensitivity as well as feeling exasted from the chest down and my hands are still suffering. I also have the problem when i tilt my head forward i get buzzing and tingling from my spine down my legs. Recently iv been depressed and keep getting the feeling im drunk :(. Iv been out of hospital now for almost 2 months. Has anyone else on here experienced my symptoms? I want to know your story

Hi. I too am diagnosed CIS. I’ve had Optic Neuritis which began in August. MRI confirmed several lesions in the periventricular area. I’ve been referred for a lumpar puncture but been waiting since Oct for an appt. Still waiting. I haven’t seen my Neurologist since before the MRI. I know the basics as I’ve had a copy of a letter that went to my GP. I also saw the Opthalmologist who said MS to me so I’m guessing it must have some wording on my report. I’m due to see the Neurologist this Tues so will know a bit more hopefully. Its awful the waiting and feeling like we are waiting for something to happen. Have you had an MRi and a lp too?

Yes i had a LP and MRI when i was admitted to hospital and i have another on wednesday. Im sorry to hear you have been waiting so long! make sure you keep on at them about the appointments. MRI showed inflammation of the spinal cord between c3 and c4 vertebrae. My lumber confirmed i have oligoclonal band in my spinal fluid which gives me a high risk of having MS, however the MRI showed no signs of any previous episodes/lesions so thats a lower risk. How have you been since august? How are you coping?

Is it another MRI you are having on Wed? I’m coping quite well to be honest. I have a few down days but not too many. My vision is so so poor in my eye now that I doubt it will get any better. If anything it is getting worse. My fears are if it attacks again and the other eye too. This past week though I’m getting numbness and a heavy leg feeling now and again. I’m hoping he will explain my MRI results to me on Tues. I hope it goes well on Wed for you and you don’t have to wait too long either. The limbo land is awful isn’t it.

hi willow

you mentioned that cramps are plaguing you.

magnesium should do the trick.

start a new post “cramps and magnesium” and hopefully someone who really knows about it will answer.

it is a careful balance between magnesium, calcium and vitamin D3 that is needed.

i take a vit D tablet every day.

drink a fair amount of milk and eat cheese so i think i’m ok re calcium.

i use magnesium oil which i rub directly on the part affected by cramp.

hope these help because the screaming cramps and me kicking my husband halfway through the night was unbearable.

also post on everyday living because you are more likely to get a reply there.

good luck

carole x

Well i hope ur MRI gives you the answers you need so they can help you recovee! Thank you,let me know how you get on. Yes limbo is hard. Ask the doctor about what you can take and do to help :slight_smile:

Me! We should talk. I’m in Limboland so don’t have much to offer other than the very similar story. I am on MS Med. Copaxone for fear of the relapse. The part that really stinks, esp with the pain of the injections is that you don’t know if you are doing the right thing with the treatment or totally wasting your time, energy, and emotional stress. It’s not like the meds are giving me any relief! Onset 10/2016, meds started 2/2017.

Prior to my onset and lesions C3-5 I had strange sensations that I never even paid attention to. Bugs crawling on my legs (one year+ prior), banding in stomach in hot water (10 years+), but nothing like the onset! The lesion has been seen by several neuros with thought that there are two lesions and one is old. Not sure if that means I’ve had multiple episodes. Nobody is certain. They talked TM, but now my Neuro has dropped that and just goes with CIS now. “Early MS”. I’m in NY, USA.

Im with you on the utter frustration!

I’m diagnosed CIS too, episode last June originally thought to be a stroke. Left me with one lesion and pins and needles in my leg which worses with the weather.

It still is with me nearly a year after.

CIS is aweful, you don’t have MS but you ‘might’ get it limbo is the worst!