Cis symptoms recurring

Hey. I’m new to this site. I was diagnosed with CIS about 6 years ago. 2 lesions were found on my brain. After multiple follow-ups my neurologist felt fairly confident that the likelihood of having further problems was unlikely. I’ve had the odd bout of numbness/ tingles in my fingers, face, foot etc over the years, always just for a day or 2. I came down with a bad flu back in dec/17 and since then have had major numbness and tingling in my foot face and hand that just won’t let up. It’s been months now and it’s driving me crazy. My anxiety is through the roof. I’m wondering if it’s normal for the old symptoms to flare up like that or if it is indicitave of a progression to ms.

Hello Candiebee

The simple answer to your question is I don’t know. And to be honest, I don’t think it’s a problem that can realistically be answered by one of us. Unless there’s someone reading the forum who’s had CIS then a resumption of the symptoms, whether that led to MS or not. And if not, then they’re unlikely to be reading the forum.

I suggest that you see your GP and get a re-referral to the neurologist. I assume that s/he discharged you after a couple of follow up appointments?

Only then will you be able to either have your fears easily dismissed or the tests done which will show exactly what is happening.

There is an interesting question though, whether it’s possible to have CIS more than once. Because if you were to have a condition which mimics MS but with relapses only once every 6 or 7 years, then would it still be classed as CIS?

Best of luck.

Sue