Bleeding after menopause worried ?

Hi everyone,

I believe i am menpause or perimenopause, i havent had a period for over 12 months but i have a coil fitted. Yesterday i went to the toilet and just started bleeding, it only lasted for a couple of hours and stopped. I went to the doctors who took some swabs, and is sending for a scan within 2 weeks. I am absolutely petrified what this could be, i do have a fibroid and a cyst. Has anyone experienced this? I am not on hrt. Any help would be appreciated? I have rrms.

howdy, i’m not close to menopause but have done abundant reading about it because of my Mama.

so let me just say this, don’t stress until/unless you have information. it can mean a million and one things happened, maybe you’re peri-menopause and it’s completely normal for your period to just have big gaps before full-blown menopause happens. maybe you had a cyst rupture and didn’t feel it for one reason or another. there’s so many things that can cause that, especially if you’re not confirmed menopausal. your doc is doing the right thing, they’ve got you covered! :black_heart: