Best shoes for foot drop etc

I feel guilty after reading all your post. I have had a bespoke pair of boots made for me by a orthotist and they are great. One foot is so larger than the other and I have struggled most of my life with foot ware. I am walking so much better now. If I can have them then why can,t any of you? Jane x

1 Like

My partner has MS and I wanted to know what are the best Slip on Shoes for him to wear. He is currently wearing Sketchers slip on but the MS Nurse says they are really not the best shoe to wear. Any Recommendations

Hi

You need a Orthotist appointment, they will make the ‘brace’ that works for you personally! I use my brace in Ecco shoes, best of luck.

Take care folks and be safe, M x

I have (fairly mild) foot drop and am walking unaided. I have found that "Sprung soled " Hill Shoes made by William Lennon and Co are really good. They are handmade heavy duty shoes or boots which are turned right up at the toe. They are quite expensive and quite heavy so I know they are not for everyone, but I find them useful.

binsons medical supply made me a hinged shoe. Its heavy and hard to walk distance with it. But it works to retrain your foot when I have to walk to like get groceries or medicine. I try using comfort as best as I can the weight matters on the shoe. The sketchers like ankle boot tan with fur works pretty good. The downfall I have overpronation bad so then my foot turns sideways in shoe. I dont have MS but I understand foot and leg pain from my acl replacement ruined my foot also. I feel like timmy on the grinch… good luck I hope all feel better. I wandered on this sight because looking up about shoes myself. Dr explained to me with my drop foot that if it isnt properly braced eventually the top will drag on the floor verses picking your foot up. What found really difficult was trying to lift my foot in a pair a pants of underwear to get dressed!!!sometimes it may lift but MOST times it wont. Sometimes have to grab my brace and lift my foot in a car or out ok of it. The sketchers lace up hugs the ankle verses slip on sketchers js better then new balance now it seems. Good Luck again.

I’m a big fan of my Reebok. I bought the newer style Reebok Work and Cushion 3.0 this summer for use in a restaurant (I’m a server) and it’s drastically improved my ability to stand without pain. The rebboks look decent, have good traction, and provide your shoes a decent support. Plus I can take them to hiking, yard work, whatever, no problem.These https://shoesmentor.com/types-of-shoes/work-shoes/top-5-non-slip-work-shoes-for-women/ by far are my favourite pairs.